Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who moderates the moderators ?

Options
  • 18-08-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna get banned for this :o:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I do!

bunny shooter banned! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

They are all in it together :D

Question still to be answered ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

this should be in feedback. the Smods moderate the moderators.. or the Admins. Or Devore.

passive wrote:
    this should be in feedback. the Smods moderate the moderators.. or the Admins. Or Devore.

I didn't know, where are they hiding ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sound moderators? :confused:
    I guess it would be you local super

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    Sound moderators? :confused:
    I guess it would be you local super

The big brother element on this forum who administer justice and bollokings at will to those they deem bold and even have the power to ban you from the forum and remove posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

uh, i dunno, the coast guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The category moderators, the other moderators and the admins, usually in that order; that's what the Feedback and Admin forums are for. Read your forum charter:
    If you have a problem with an action of the moderators, PM them or take it up on the Admin forum.

For the record, by the way, the mods aren't mods because they won a lottery, they were asked to volunteer to do a rather thankless job and they did so willingly and you'll generally find that when someone who's not spent any time reading past threads or posting much comes in and starts saying that they're running mad with power, that the other mods and admins who know what the job's like won't have too much sympathy with that point of view unless the mods being complained about are going around wearing necklaces made of body parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Shouldn't that be the 'Feedback Forum'?

Only the Admins have access to the Admin forum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Bunny Shooters report card reads ; Must try harder :D

Wouldn't be a mod on any website for all the tea in China. You can't have an opinion, get blamed for everything and can't throw enough feckless digs into the fray for my liking as you need to, or should be, setting an example ;)

All the same, stick it to the man! :cool: :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

I think moderators are needed, otherwise the forum would degenerate into a sh*t slinging match full of abuse and off topic nonsense.

It's a pain sometimes when they adopt a holier than thou attitude, or worse a god complex. But in the main, this forum seems well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

johngalway wrote:
    Bunny Shooters report card reads ; Must try harder :D

Wouldn't be a mod on any website for all the tea in China. You can't have an opinion, get blamed for everything and can't throw enough feckless digs into the fray for my liking as you need to, or should be, setting an example ;)

All the same, stick it to the man! :cool: :D:p

Im sure if anyone wanted to be a moderator they could volunteer? You wouldnt catch me doing it... a lot of work and zero appreciation. For what its worh, keep fighting the good fight Mods!!

(how about forming the Continuity Shooting Forum to rise up and get the man off our back? The streets will flow wih the blood of the non believers!!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Any problem you have with a mod can be taken up the line. Wouldnt be the first time. That fact that pajo sent me an abusive PM after I banned him for a week kinda proves the point but I'v a thick skin and he will get a 2nd chance in a week.

Wouldnt say its the toughest job joing but it is thankless, some people seem to have an issue with mods just coz there mods. Becasue there's 3 mods with differant shooting habits and backrounds here no indvidule can get out of hand. Ya cann't make everyone happy though! :)

You guys do a good job - I have issues with some mods on forums like AH, but the shooting forum is well modded.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Do the mods still drive mopeds like in the movie quadraphoniqa??!

No prob with mods, thanks for info

I know it's a thankless job and .........

Advertisement