Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gmail to mobile via sms?

• 18-08-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i was wondering is there anyway to forward my gmail to my mobile via sms........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you on Meteor? Forward your mails to yourmobilenumber@sms.mymeteor.ie

e.g. if your number is 0851234567 then send the email to 0851234567@sms.mymeteor.ie

It won't show the whole message but you'll get the subject and a number of characters .. the main jist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

hmm thats handy, but im on vodafone........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Its possible by setting up a mail server to send the messages to an aft url and forwarding your gmail account's messages to it. Complicated way of doing it and you might need to run a computer 24/7 but if you really need it, it might be worthwhile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Latest mail from a Gmail account is published in an atom feed. If you have access to a web server you could use a script in a server-side language like PHP and run it with a scheduler like CRON to check this feed at intervals and send the required content to AFT when the atom file changes.

I've used a similar technique to bring GMail into Second Life.

Not pretty but it works :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

You could set up your gmail to forward to your vodafone.ie account (just log into vodafone.ie and click email if you don't have one.) then you can set the preferences to send you a text when you get an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mchugo

Hi,

So if i redirect my mail to send onto mynumber@sms.meteor.ie i will get my email sent here is that correct? Also do these sms's cost me money?
    Do you have any other meteor tricks?

Thanks

C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I've used flurry to do this before. It also handily gets around my work firewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mchugo wrote: »
    Hi,

So if i redirect my mail to send onto mynumber@sms.meteor.ie i will get my email sent here is that correct? Also do these sms's cost me money?
    Do you have any other meteor tricks?

Thanks

C.
    I've found @sms.mymeteor.ie (not meteor.ie) to be great. Don't rely on it though if you're watching out for important emails. It sometimes has a long delay in recieving messaging.

Also @mms.mymeteor.ie (I think that's the one.. but put 353 before your number so 0861234567 becomes 353861234567).

The SMS are free - I've never been charged for them.

Advertisement