Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax or Insurance first?

Options
  • 19-08-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi guys i recently got my first car and it's not been insured and has no tax,just wondering what i need to do first and how to go about it? Feeling very silly having to ask like this!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I for one wouldn't drive the car unless it was insured!!
    You can't tax it until you get the log book bac from shannon so get insurance and sort the tax the second you get the log book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pavilion

Oh it's not going anywhere yet! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

You will need to get insurance first as they ask for the insurance policy no and company as part of the car tax application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Idealy both at same time but always insurance before tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

micmclo wrote:
    Idealy both at same time but always insurance before tax!
    OK.......? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement