Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Bands?

Options
  • 19-08-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Just wondering - do UCD students tend to form rock bands at all? I'm a new mature student in Engineering, and a rusty bassist, who played in a cover band years ago, before work stopped all that.

I'm not talking about some "no time wasters, must be committed & have own van" band with delusions of "making it"... I mean, are there "weekend warriors" who play music because they love it, but not to the detriment of their studies? Or even a rehearsal room in the UCD area, to minimize the amount of gear lugging? :cool:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It depends, I think that a lot of people tend to spin off the Jazz Soc (to play lots of styles other than jazz) and similar. Battle of the Bands when it used to be popular and the open mic nights you'll sometimes get people getting together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

It's a big place, I'm sure there's plenty of bands formed in UCD. Ents is usually reasonably supportive of UCD acts with the battle of the bands and there's an open mic night been running in the forum (centre bar) for a good few years now. As far as I know there's no real facilities in place for bands in UCD though, not strictly speaking anyway. Perhaps in societies like jazzsoc or music soc there might be, I wouldn't know. It probably wouldn't work anyway, you'd get some dickheads in that'd wreck the gear for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

there is a battle of the bands

Advertisement