Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring, hibernate - where do I start

Options
  • 19-08-2007 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Hello people, I've decided to upskill a bit since I've some free time

anyway I've heard alot about this, and to be honest haven't really looked into it.

anyway can someone recommend me a good book on where to get started on this - I'd rather a book than url, simply as I like to read rather than from pc.

Cheers
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

hussey wrote:
    Hello people, I've decided to upskill a bit since I've some free time

anyway I've heard alot about this, and to be honest haven't really looked into it.

anyway can someone recommend me a good book on where to get started on this - I'd rather a book than url, simply as I like to read rather than from pc.

Cheers
    Kevin

A guy called Rod Johnson is the "father" of Spring and his book "Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework" is generally accepted as the best one out there on Spring. I got it off the 'net for nothing but I can't remember where. There are a few other ones; "Spring Live" by Matt Raible and "Spring In Action" by Craig Walls & Ryan Breidenbach.
    I know you said you don't want any links but this one is really good, trust me:
    http://www.springhub.com/

Hibernate I don't know much about, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Chris Richardson's book covers not only Hibernate & Spring, but also includes iBatis and JDO information. Its subtitle is "Developing Enterprise Application with Lightweight Frameworks", so it really focuses on how best to exploit these frameworks rather than pushing any particular technology. And it's full of examples too, something I like in a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

Hibernate In Action by Christian Bauer and Gavin King, using that book at moment for all my hibernate stuff

Advertisement