Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jol Out mega-thread [rumours etc]

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I've posted this on the general soccer forum:
    These rumours need to be seen in context, this has not been prompted by two bad results against Sunderland and Everton.

Stories of disquiet at board level about Jol's ability have been around for over a year, coming to a head last March when allegedly Martin was instructed by Daniel Levy to play Berbatov away to Chelsea in the Cup (Jol had planned on resting him, and eventually took both him and Aaron Lennon off at 3-1)

I've been wary of believing the rumours because I felt that certain agendas were being pursued through the media and also through supporters networks, to undermine Martin Jol and by extension Daniel Levy. I believe that certain senior members of the hierarchy at Spurs want to buy out ENIC and take control themselves, one of those people is Paul Kelmsley the man pictured meeting Ramos this week. I wonder was Kemlsley there as an offical of Spurs or of his own accord? I know he has contacts who post on Spurs message boards, and I take what they say with a pinch of salt...

I don't have a problem with Spurs deciding Martin Jol is not the man to take the club to a higher level, I do have a problem with the timing of this (if true). Jol should have been replaced during the Summer if necessary, not 3 games into the season. I'd like Jol to get at least another year, I like the man and think he has done a great job for Spurs in getting us to the verge of the top 4. That said, I'd liked Ranieri at Chelsea but Mourinho came in and they won two back to back titles...

What saddens me is the power play in the Tottenham board room, and the fact that Martin Jol might be a casualty of that not to improve the team's chances but to allow one group gain the upper hand. If my suspicion is proved correct, the words of Keith Burkinshaw seem apt: "There used to be a football club over there"

If Martin Jol is replaced by Ramos to bring us on a level then I'll be a happy man, if it's just another power play by Kelmsley to wrest control from ENIC then we're back to the bad old days. Time will tell.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement