Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best places in galway to watch the soccer

Options
  • 19-08-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Im in galway for the weekend and I was wondering where would be the best pubs to go to to watch the manutd and liverpool games today,looking for big screens and good atmosphere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The Living Room is usually a good spot to watch a big match, I've watched a few there. Ti Na Nog (SP?) is also pretty good to watch a match in, Liverpool matches moreso.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kippy wrote:
    Ti Na Nog is also pretty good to watch a match in
    I was in Ti na Nog yesterday for the Liverpool match and it was infested with tossers throwing beer mats and arguing among themselves. They all had jerseys on so I don't know why they couldn't just watch the game. I'm hoping that was just a once off as it's not a bad pub to watch football in. Just don't hang around afterwards as the staff have a tendancy to turn on the choons very loud almost as soon as the referee has blown the final whistle :mad:
    Other pubs worth a look are The Cellar - big screen in the corner but can get crowded and the Kings Head - Also has a big screen but depending on when the match is on you have to run a gauntlet of kids or people trying to eat lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

The Living Room is the best craic I think, especially when Arsenal are playing.

dapto1 wrote:
    The Living Room is the best craic I think, especially when Arsenal are playing.
    Is that because you and the other Arsenal fan have the place to yourselves? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Sally Long's. Two big screens and two small screens, and if there's two matches on at once they'll divide the screens to show both. Less crowded than the likes of the Living Room or Kings Head, usually, so if you would prefer to watch the match and sup your pint in a semi-civilised fashion without hordes of drunken gowls spilling beer all over you, Sally's is the place...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

malice_ wrote:
    I was in Ti na Nog yesterday for the Liverpool match and it was infested with tossers throwing beer mats and arguing among themselves. They all had jerseys on so I don't know why they couldn't just watch the game.
    Thats liverpool fans for ya :D joke :D

the-furbo wrote:
    Thats liverpool fans for ya :D joke :D
    I probably should have clarified that it was both Liverpool and Man Utd fans that day but you are right, there are a lot of scumbags that follow Liverpool. It's a pity but what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well Massimos has the Chelsea supporters club where they watch their matches.
    Kings head and the buskers are good for the early matches and livingroom for the afternoon..oh and Monroes always have them on too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

malice_ wrote:
    I probably should have clarified that it was both Liverpool and Man Utd fans that day but you are right, there are a lot of scumbags that follow Liverpool. It's a pity but what can you do?
    Side with Boris?
    Well Massimos has the Chelsea supporters club where they watch their matches.
    And they sound a little like this. Honestly, it's like they bought a kit on the internet. I've seen them with songs printed off the web, singing at a telly.

Robbo wrote:
    Side with Boris?
    Boris? Sorry, my brain is a little slow this morning so I have no idea what you mean here.
    Robbo wrote:
    And they sound a little like this. Honestly, it's like they bought a kit on the internet. I've seen them with songs printed off the web, singing at a telly.
    Ha ha! Brilliant! "I'm a true blue gunner" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

malice_ wrote:
    Boris? Sorry, my brain is a little slow this morning so I have no idea what you mean here.
    Future Mayor of London and noted scourge of scousers, Boris Johnson.

Robbo wrote:
    Future Mayor of London and noted scourge of scousers, Boris Johnson.
    I got through various other Boris, namely Becker, Yeltsin, Berezovsky and Karloff but forgot about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Dalfiatach wrote:
    Sally Long's. Two big screens and two small screens, and if there's two matches on at once they'll divide the screens to show both. Less crowded than the likes of the Living Room or Kings Head, usually, so if you would prefer to watch the match and sup your pint in a semi-civilised fashion without hordes of drunken gowls spilling beer all over you, Sally's is the place...

That sounds good, I've never tried there. Must give it a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement