Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation sought for carpenter for side gate

Options
  • 19-08-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi,

The recent high winds have broken my dodgy wooden side gate and its needs to be replaced. Would someone be able to recommend a carpanter for the job? Or even someone on the forum?

thanks a lot,

- Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Hi,

The recent high winds have broken my dodgy wooden side gate and its needs to be replaced. Would someone be able to recommend a carpanter for the job? Or even someone on the forum?

thanks a lot,

- Paul.

Where on the planet are u located and what sort of gate are you after?

Something cheap and cheerful or a RR job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

ircoha wrote:

Cheap and cheerful presumably means crap, ie crap material and crap finish. RR is well the mind boggles? How hard can it be to supply and fit a proper gate ? RR for fecks sake!!

OP if you're planning to replace a side gate, get a proper one installed by someone who has skill and experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Yeah just looking for a side gate :)

Can anyone recommend someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Leinster Timber Products.
    20year warranty, can't go too far wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Cheap and cheerful presumably means crap, ie crap material and crap finish. RR is well the mind boggles? How hard can it be to supply and fit a proper gate ? RR for fecks sake!!

OP if you're planning to replace a side gate, get a proper one installed by someone who has skill and experience.

Sonnenblumen:
    This is not the first time in recent weeks that you have ridiculed my contributions to the forum, as opposed to making a useful contribution to the OP's query. Have you nothing better to do? I dont give a damn about your opinions of what I write but you should consider the other members of the forum.

can hardly be regarded as a useful response to

Since RR seems to have amused you, perhaps you suffer from the SFB syndronme.

As for the OP: it does not have the courtesy to answer my questions
    Where on the planet are u located and what sort of gate are you after?

The reply is
    Yeah just looking for a side gate

Really really helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

ha ha. chill dude.

Located in south dublin.

thanks for the help.

Advertisement