Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness World Record attempt at Lahinch

Options
  • 19-08-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else part of this yesterday? I didn't even know it was on til I turned up with my board. There must have been 200-300 surfers in the water, it was quite a spectacle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Was the record broken? I watched a bit of it, but they never seemed to have great numbers on the waves all at once?? I know they were hanging around a long time so maybe they broke it after I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It was broken, late in the afternoon. The old record was 45, the new one is 49. Apparently. I've no idea how they managed to accurately measure it.

There was a lot of waiting and pissing around but it was good fun, when I got bored I just went and rode some of the nice big waves out the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 longboardirelan

it was beaten twice since - brazil now have record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

I think there are anumber of other countries all lined up ready to try and beat it. I think the Lahinch team will be back bigger and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

Now 75 @ once on one wave for more than 5 seconds in SA...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

The fellas from guinness must be getting some good trips out of all of these surfing record attempts!.

Advertisement