Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N9 Carlow Bypass-when will it open?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

obviously you were all motoring too fast through CD thats why they made a stones of the road :o
    The new Primary school is going to be start building in the next few weeks (on the Athy Road) so I can't understand why they made a balls of the road outside the existing school you have to swerve to avoid the footpaths. As for 2 footpaths on both sides of barnhill there is only 2 or 3 house past the pitch and putt - why bother ...waste of money me thinks...

I feel sorry for the few remaining shop owners in C Dermot 3 years and counting of roadworks, archelogical digs, sewerage pipe renewal that didn't need renewing, the few resurfacing attempts and broadband... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭rossious

lucylu wrote: »
    As for 2 footpaths on both sides of barnhill there is only 2 or 3 house past the pitch and putt - why bother ...waste of money me thinks...

Think thats their way of slowing down the traffic. Make the road narrow and scary looking!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Well guys any date on this opening yet?

Is it still likely to be this side of Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

As for 2 footpaths on both sides of barnhill there is only 2 or 3 house past the pitch and putt - why bother ...waste of money me thinks...

(

theres 12 houses past the pitch and putt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

on the right hand side of the road after the Pitch and Putt....nothing!
    there are 12 houses or so on the left... why have 2 footpaths...apart from traffic calming

• Advertisement

on the right hand side of the road after the Pitch and Putt....nothing!
    there are 12 houses or so on the left... why have 2 footpaths...apart from traffic calming

maybe people like walking on the right hand side.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Extract from http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=mhmhkfgbey&cat=news
    ============================================

So it looks like February or March 2008 for the Carlow bypass to open

"Mr Cullinane continued that the council expect the motorway to be opened in “February or March of next year” and said they would expect this to considerably lessen the traffic on the Tullow Road."

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Yeh looks like it is to open in Feb/Mar, will just have to wait and see now. The roundabout on the Kilkenny road is getting there nicely. Tis a pity the next phase ie: Kilcullen - Carlow and Carlow - knocktopher hasnt started yet. Hopefully contracts will be signed soon.

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Yeh looks like it is to open in Feb/Mar, will just have to wait and see now. The roundabout on the Kilkenny road is getting there nicely. Tis a pity the next phase ie: Kilcullen - Carlow and Carlow - knocktopher hasnt started yet. Hopefully contracts will be signed soon.

Work is due to get under way on both of these section during March 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭sk8board

They've been working on it through Knocktopher now for ages. It not easy to find/see it, as you've to head our a small country road from the village, but its been worked on at both sides of that small road for maybe even a year.
    it looks like just excavation work, and building up the earth foundations for fly-overs

• Advertisement

Any recent updates as to when they hope to open this yet?

cargo wrote: »
    Any recent updates as to when they hope to open this yet?

have you read the thread at all... only 4 posts back I posted an update

Well seen as I had posted in the thread previously I would have thought it was obvious I was reading and keeping an eye on the thread. :mad:

That was a few weeks ago and it was suggested Feb/March and we're now 3 weeks away from Feb so I was just curious, sorry Bards

not much happens over the Christmas period anyhow with regards to construction... didn't realise you posted before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

haven't you read the thread at all? only 8 posts back he asked the question..

Mordeth wrote: »
    haven't you read the thread at all? only 8 posts back he asked the question..

even more reason for the OP to read from his last post to find the answer to his question

Bards wrote: »
    even more reason for the OP to read from his last post to find the answer to his question

I can see this thread hitting the 1000 post mark rather quickly now!! :D

:D:D:D

Meanwhile getting back on topic, I read in the Nationalist over the Christmas period that the council is hopping to have the Bypass open in time for Easter which is early this year (March 23rd)

saw that too about by easter, with any luck it will be by then
    although not looking forward to the backlog in castledermot then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Heard a councillor on the radio today complaining about a lack of barriers around the flyovers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 angryaine

is there any back road around carlow that can let me avoid the town?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I was chatting to an engineer on the road yesterday evening and he told me that they now have a 12 week plan which they are being told to follow so that the road will be open on time. So based on above post the March 23rd deadline sounds about right.

In regards the ways to get around the town there are a few but that depends on where you are coming from and where you are going and at what times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

tommycahir wrote: »
    So based on above post the March 23rd deadline sounds about right.

One month on... that only leaves about 6 weeks now. Any idea on whether it's still on target for that date? The NRA website still says late 2008.

I read it will be the summer before its open they might open parts of it before that though.

I read it will be the summer before its open tey might open parts of it before that though.

Im seeing double here, four fitzysheas!

patrickc wrote: »
    i tell ya carlow with bypasses, inner relief roads what will be next?

Pharma comanies & now a US Insurance Company:D

Yeah great news for the town and county with the introduction of the pharma and insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

angryaine wrote: »
    is there any back road around carlow that can let me avoid the town?!

there are loads but unless you specify your direction of travel and destination I'll be here all night typing the various options. Plus once the bypass is sorted going through the town should be a breeze at any time.

• Advertisement

Advertisement