Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Take Away

Options
  • 19-08-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any Italian restaurants in Galway that do take aways (not pizza!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I assume most of them do it? But it's not a take away in the regular sense of the word, but you'd go in, ask for whatever to go, they cook it in regular restaurant time and then give it to you?
    I've always wanted an italian option when ordering in, but it's not the speed of a chinese or pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

Da Robertas in Salthill (the first Da Robertas restaurant at least; I'm not sure about the Osteria) do takeaways.

They have a take away menu and all so you can phone in your order and then go and pick it up. It's quick enough too, usually no more than 20 minutes or so. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

That's great! thanks Paul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Gotta plug Buon Appetito near Lynch's Castle because we get great coffee there most day ;) they do very nice pizzas and pasta, have tried anything else on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have a brochure at home from some Galway company that will deliver any? restaurant food to your door. Food express or similar, they do fags and drink too. Will post details later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

That's probably "What's for dinner?" aka www.imstarvin.ie is that right Biko?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good man! That's the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

That's probably "What's for dinner?" aka www.imstarvin.ie is that right Biko?
    Watch out for the pricing with these lads, i ordered a tenner's worth of food last night but the delivery guy said it was €16. I know there's the €3.50 delivery charge, but i'd say the driver tacks on a bit for himself aswell. I asked for a total when ordering the food but yer man said he'd ring me back and he never. They tend to collect the food in paper bags aswell (as opposed to say pizza places who use the stay warm bag things) so the food arrives gone a bit cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Da Robertas in Salthill is fantastic but they don't deliver. You have to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Slight divergance from topic but had early bird menu in El Muretto's today (5pm-7pm) €20 & am stuffed! Unreal deal & best service I've received in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Went again today but seems it catching on...was jammed! The bub likes Italian food so I'd say we'll be there at least twice a week! In fairness, three courses with a great choice, wine (for himself obviously!) and tea/coffee...hard to beat! Less time cooking for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Bistro Bianconi out at Westside Shopping Centre.. they do free deliveries.. and the food is nice..

foodhx8.th.jpg
    click to make big

Advertisement