Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice On Transfer

Options
  • 19-08-2007 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I am currently studying commerce in NUI Galway and am about to start second year. I have hated Galway since the first day and still do. It has nothing got to do with the city but for family reasons i would be much more comfortable in Dublin as it is a lot closer to home. Another thing is that i would be with more friends there. I understand that it is too late to transfer for the coming semester but any info regarding transfer between colleges or how i would go about it would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Might want to finish your post? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

the first place i would go would be your department in Galway and ask there

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Might want to finish your post? lol

sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Yeah go to the relevant department in galway and see exactly what your options are and go from there.

I'll swap with you, Im in dublin doing commerce and your in galway, I think Im getting the better deal here. lol

Yeah go to the relevant department in galway and see exactly what your options are and go from there.

I'll swap with you, Im in dublin doing commerce and your in galway, I think Im getting the better deal here. lol

This is perfect!!! lol

• Advertisement

Mister-M5 wrote:
    I am currently studying commerce in NUI Galway and am about to start second year. I have hated Galway since the first day and still do. It has nothing got to do with the city but for family reasons i would be much more comfortable in Dublin as it is a lot closer to home. Another thing is that i would be with more friends there. I understand that it is too late to transfer for the coming semester but any info regarding transfer between colleges or how i would go about it would be greatly appreciated

Hey,

The college you're looking to apply to is in fact the first point of contact in relation to inter-college transfers. So it's the admissions office (or whatever it's called in UCD) who would be the people you would want to talk to. You'll have to have the relevant points and there to be places available on the course etc.

If you have a tutor, you should get in contact with them as they should help you out.

On an aside, man I hate the UCD website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

i transfered to ucd last year from waterford i.t, theres a simple form to fill out with a 70 euro fee. email: Admissions@ucd.ie

byrnemx wrote:
    i transfered to ucd last year from waterford i.t, theres a simple form to fill out with a 70 euro fee. email: Admissions@ucd.ie

Really?? Thanks for the info, What course were you doing if you dont mind me asking??

Advertisement