Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the **** is up with BT Bog band?

Options
  • 19-08-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

<rant>
    Right, VPN'ing into work this afternoon and the connection keeps dropping, DSL light on router goes out and/or red light comes on. Can work for about 5 minutes before the feccin things goes again.

And this happens ALL the time. I cant remember the last time I had a VPN session that didn't drop every X minutes. Not a problem on the other end, no one else in work has the same problem.

Are these jokers for real or what?
    </rant>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

line stats please and package , you seem to have a faulty line or dsl modem or filter (or all of )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

had that problem with a faulty modem i had... they sent me a new one and it worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the rant :)

I have already received a new modem from them and this problem only seems to happen when I VPN in to work.

Works ok on all other situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

is it the wireless BT modem ?

is so their MTU is set wrong for Irish DSL

try changing to 1492 , need to check this later if this is the correct number

Yes it is the wireless one. My VPN machine connects wired to it though.

Will try that change - where can I find it? I am using the Zyxel P-600.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

there are ways to change it via a telnet session on the Zyxel site

best to email them for the exact setting

I noticed the wrong setting on BT voyager wireless modem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

VPN s/w should not cause DSL synch loss should it , it would be very odd if it did unless the vpn s/w is utterly overwhelming the routers ip tables or memory causing a pseudo reboot of the dsl interface .

In that case I would look at changing the connection attempt from TCP to UDP to see what happens, what vpn s/w is it ??

SonicWall global VPN client.

Advertisement