Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i need to repeat??

Options
  • 19-08-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I got my results and I got more than enough points for my course in UCC but Ididnt meet the course requiremnts. It required a Higer level C1 in a foreign language. Do i have to repeat all of my subjects again?? Any help would be great because I really dont have a clue! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

No, repeat that one subject and If you have enough points, apply to the CAO next year to get your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 standardpost

Thanks for replying. Do i need to go through any sort of procedure to do this? Do I need to inform the CAO or anything?So do I just decline any offers I get and dit the paper again next year?? I plan to repeat just dat subject with a private tutor. Theres no point in going to school for one subject really. Sorry for all the questions! But this is really good news for me! As you could imagine my disapointmnt when I got the points but not the grade! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You need only repeat the one subject next year. I'm not certain of the procedure as you would need to secure an exam centre to actually do your oral, aural and written work in but I'm sure your tutor would know a lot more than I do about that. The only downside to repeating just the one subject is that you will still be matriculated based on your points of last year, but as you've said you have enough points, this shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement