Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scavolini kitchens?

Options
  • 19-08-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi, have fallen in love with one of these kitchens. has anyone got one and would you again? also, are they much more expensive? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

I have been considering one of these myself, the main concern is that they are pricey enough and could well look very dated in five or so years time.

Think very carefully before plumping for one of these, they do look beautiful and are top quality, but real concerns about how they will look in 5 years time.

baud.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,163 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Saw one on a show on tv a couple of weeks ago on friday evening. Fitted out an entire downstairs of the house and the kitchen looked unbelievable! But i think everyone has that fear of how it will be received 10+years on. Then again as long as you like it who cares what anyone else thinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dreamondreamer

hi guys thanks for the replies. i've been thinking about how it would date and how would i feel about it in ten years time. and to be honest i haven't stopped thinking about it and i don't care cause its just sooo beautiful. i also think good quality will stand the test of time and also everything eventually goes out and comes into fashion again. so i guess my mind is made up (if i can afford it) but now it feels like anything would be second best and a waste of money! madwoman i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

They are certainly beautiful kitchens, that said I know someone who had a 'cherry red + stainless steel surrounds' installed, and there were plenty of issues, fitting of SS left a lot to be desired.

Reasonably top end market, but the install was very disappointing (made a mess of the SS extractor canopy, crooked and 3 holes for each single fixing point)and haphazzard, compounded by the fact there were a series of re-visits to correct faults.

There are other vendors offering similar Italian styles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sjg1234

Im in the process of getting a quote for a TESS scavolini L shaped kitchen from a place in North County Dublin.

I have just found a place in newry that aslo do the same kitchen. Just wondering if anyone has had quotes from up the north and if they will do kitchens for us down here.

Im sure they would be lots cheaper for the same kitchen.

thanks,

Advertisement