Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers DVD Bonus Feature Revealed: "Animated" Version of the IDW Prequel Comic

Options
  • 19-08-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Chris Ryall, the editor-in-chief of IDW Publishing has posted an update on the IDW forums where he talks about his recent work at the Comic-Con and Chicago convention and his future plans for IDW, including new Spotlights and new comic series. He also talks about his impressions of the new Transformers Animated series.

But most interesting is the fact that he has revealed what the bonus feature on the Transformers Movie DVD will be. The rumoured "additional footage" that voice-actor Mark Ryan had mentioned awhile back is in fact an animated version of the IDW Movie Prequel comic series, with Peter Cullen again reprising his role as Optimus Prime. According to Chris Ryall, this bonus feature will only be available with the Wal-Mart excusive version of the Transformers Movie DVD, no official release date has been set as of yet, so stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Despite having the comic Id love to see the prequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

word i heard is its not really "animated" as we'd define it. its done along the line of the sixties marvel cartoons where they'd jig around with kirbys art pannels to give the impression of movement.

still it'd be great to see it because the art was gorgeous 'cept we dont have wal marts in ireland so its unlikelly we'll ever see it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

still it'd be great to see it because the art was gorgeous 'cept we dont have wal marts in ireland so its unlikelly we'll ever see it :(

they might make an exception for European and other regions due to Walmarts none existence in the market outside America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

They have done that with some of the toys in the past tbh, so hopefully we will get it. Can't see any reason why not. Anybody got an idea of a release date?

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    Anybody got an idea of a release date?

Some of the sites on the net are saying Dec 3rd 2007 for the UK, although thats just an early guess. Michael Bays official website has released a statement saying there will be a two disc DVD set of the movie with lots of extras. Hopefully we'll get those car ads, sector 7 stuff and the Mountain Dew Ad tie in amongst others...i.e. deleted scenes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah i was hearing a christmas release date myself.

makes sense if you think about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

The release date in the US has been confirmed as the 16th of October. I don't know if that has any bearing this side of the pond but it seems very soon after the theatrical release to me.

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    The release date in the US has been confirmed as the 16th of October. I don't know if that has any bearing this side of the pond but it seems very soon after the theatrical release to me.

You forget that the film was released much earlier in some duristictions so October would be a fair bit from its original release.

Plus, they kinda know the fans are anxious for a DVD, and cashing in on that would give the best possible chance for the 2nd one to get under way. IMDB even say its coming out in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Seems like such a waste to me. All the other things they could have animated... Why couldn't they have animated War Within instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Don't remind me. I almost cry when i think of the War within TV show we will never have :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

See, it's not as if anyone's going to care whether it's anything to do with the movie or not(just like people saw "Transformers" whether it had anything to do with them or not), and the movie is nowhere near as interesting a premise for a cartoon as the stuff that's been set up for G1 TFs.

It's just sucky what gets overlooked.

Advertisement