Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakebites :3

Options
  • 19-08-2007 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I'm set on going into town and heading over to Snakebite (heh) tomorrow afternoon to get, well, Snakebites.

Never gotten pierced before (I'm a guy), just wondering if theres any advice or things I should know beforehand, experiences and such.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Beau x1 wrote:
    Never gotten pierced before (I'm a guy),

You callin' me a pansy? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

make sure theyre even..didnt notice till after mine were done that they werent even:( got mine done at different times thou..and id advise getting it done with a bar instead of a ring cos in my opinion it'll heal better cos ive 3 lip piercings and the one done with a bar healed way faster than the 2 with rings:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Ah, thanks. I go back to school in 2 weeks, so I'm gonna pop in retainers while I'm there, however will I be able to do that despite the piercing not having healed?

Anything else I should know? How's the pain? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the pain depends on the person. ive seen people writhe in pain to stuff i think is just a cool 'sensation'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

slight pinch is all, nothing too earth rumbling :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

you won't be able to "pop" retainers in after two weeks. I'm sure some bright young thing will tell you they had no problems, and I'm sure there are exceptions, but chances are you will massively irritate the piercings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah changing to retainers will just irritate them way too much.my advise is to get it with the studs and what i used to do for school was just take the balls off
    no one ever noticed them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

got my lip pierced...didnt hurt abit!!!

way less painful than my lobes..
    just take off the balls on the studs for skool.thats wot i did if i couldnt find my retainer.not obv at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yeah, you can get clear o-rings as well to wear on the studs to keep them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

or you could get clear small balls 2

• Advertisement

Okay, well due to some complications I am getting it done today instead of yesterday. So should I get pierced first with ring or stud? That's an issue I can't decide on.

School's the following Wednesday and I'll need to go discreet.

i really advise a stud,heals faster and easier to hide

Alright then, a stud it is. You guys have mentioned a few ways of hiding it, what's the best one for me, in a school enviroment?

take the balls off :)its what i did

Cheers, I might purchase clear-o-rings for the studs as well.

Can't wait to get this done!

yeah you should to to be safe,ah youl love them,its one of the least painful piercings:)

Sweet, I got one of the two done today in Nine Lives in Bray (was advised by my piercer to reduce swelling, and it was hard enough to convince my mom to let me get one in the first place).

Was pretty painless, worst part of it must've been the stingy sensation I had for about 15 minutes after I had it done.
    apiercingone.JPG

As you can see in the end I went for the stud so until it heals I won't be putting the ring in.
    Plan to get the next one in 6 weeks or so.

looks nice:)just make sure that when you get the other is aligned correctly with the other.you wouldnt believe the amount ive seen where ones higher or lower

Advertisement