Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for the night of concert

Options
  • 19-08-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Going up to Dublin for a concert in Marlay Park soon and want to stay in the city maybe and get a bus from the city to and from the venue.

One of my friends said there is a hostel at bachelors walk, I think 40 euro for a private room. I have never been to this place, I dont know dublin that well. Anyway was just wondering does anyone know any good hotels around the area which are affordable and arent in a dodgy spot. There will probably be a good few people staying in one room so we can split the cost as long as the owners dont mind people sleeping on the floor of a room hehe.

I was thinking Bewleys in Ballsbridge, but Im not sure how far that is from the bus or where it is in relation to the city centre.

I found out Dublin Bus are doing this transport:

Dublin bus will run a direct service to Marlay park departing from and returning to Burgh Quay in the city centre

and

48a departs from the city centre (Hawkins st.).

Is there a free shuttle bus going from anywhere?

Id really appreciate any advice and answers to the above questions,
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There wont be a free shuttle bus, so the 48A is your cheapest bet.
    Bewleys Ballsbridge is a bit out of town so perhaps Bewleys in Christchurch would be handier - you could walk to Hawkins St. handy enough from there.

There a reams of hotels in Dublin now, so get onto goldenpages.ie and do a search and you might come up with something. both Christchurch and Hawkins sterrt and on the same side as Heuston station if you're coming up by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Thanks deswalsh, yea my mum mentioned christchurch, but I cant see it on the website. I will be going up by train so thats great.

So its easy to get to the train station, Hawkins street and the city from there? Not too bad at all.

If you have any more suggestions that would be great.

What area should I be looking for when searching for hotels? As in near to the places I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Any where in the city centre really. That Hostel you mention off Bachelors walk is on Litton lane and is a popular spot for back packers etc and its bang in the middle of the city. Other cheap but good hotels in the centre are, Waltons on North Fredrick street, Barry's Hotel on Denmark street, there's also on across from the Gate theatre who's name escapes me at the min. The you have the Royal Dublin on O'Connell street and the Wynnes hotel on Abbey street, and the Abbey hotel too. All relatively cheap and not bad places at all. Just bear in mind there is a night club attached to the Abbey hotel.

Enjoy the stay

Thanks Jon, is bachelors walk a dodgy place? Just wondering as if we cant get another place we might have to go there, also I cant seem to find the chrsit church cathedral bewleys.

A lot of the hotels are booked out. Porbably will have to get something expensive.

Does anyone know whether it matters if you have people sleeping on the ground in your room, might have like six people or more in one room so we can split cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 conordean

I recently stayed in the Academy Plaza hotel just off O'Connell street. I has just been done up so all the rooms are brand new and there's over 200 of them so they might have some available for you. The hotel is just around the corner from the Gresham hotel and you can get the 16 bus or the 48A from just beside it on O'Connell street which will drop you at the entrance to Marley Park for only €1.60 each. We booked the hotel through their website www.academyplazahotel.com but you could ring them on +353 (01) 8780666.

The have a brand new bar and restaurant in the hotel as well so it would be ideal for the day of the concert. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the train station as well so it's perfect.

Enjoy the concert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Bachelors walk is grand, its right beside o'connell street so its quite busy all the time. Forgot about the Academy Hotel too.

Only place we could get was the international hostel, not too bad because they had a room for seven of us.

Advertisement