Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bar/club in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-08-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Its my birthday coming up and i can't decide where i should head with my mates. it's gonna be a Saturday night in dublin and all suggestions will be appreciated!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Might get a better response if you post your age and type of music/scene you're into.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Ughhh age...gonna be 24 (sob) and will consider most music types except techno/trance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

What location and numbers are you gunning for?

FWIW, my 24th involved getting a table held in Solas on Camden street, pizzas and beers and cocktails, then up the street to the Village and shouting drunken conversations at people amidst the haircuts. Twas a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The Baggot Inn is supposed to be good since its been done up. Its got beer taps in the tables so you can pull your own pint. Think you need to book for a Saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Doyle's in college street is good for a birthday session.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Darkey Kelly's, Fishamble St.

Ballads all day, get dinner from the bistro (good, honest nosh) after the ballads then live cover band from 10pm to 00:30.

Unfortunetly Darky's were renovated recently, losing alot of its charactor. But its still mostly locals, full of Dubs and grand ol' craic.

Has a local feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Searons on Baggot streets nice, the Westbury is classy, Sugarclub, meh, Reynards is pretty fun, I have a shameful liking for slappers (harcourts street), Doyles (college street) is nice, A lot to be said for messrs and the white horse, the waterloo on baggot street is nice, dewy frog near the central bank is nice (if manicly busy) , TGIs by the stephens green, Kates (by busarus) is nice, as are the vaults (underneath connoly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bostonian

Not sure if you're a boy or girl, but Searsons on Baggot is a total sausage fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

bostonian wrote:
    Not sure if you're a boy or girl, but Searsons on Baggot is a total sausage fest.

Agreed! I'd definitely recommend this place if you're a girl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I like Bruxelles myself. Is downstairs in the Oak still playing good music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Whelans was always a great spot-quality birds + dj playing the Roses. :cool:

Reopens tomorrow night apparently.

Hope they haven't ruined it!!!!

Advertisement