Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pop yahoo email on windows mobile

• 19-08-2007 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Anyone know if it's possible to set up a pop yahoo account in pocket outlook on windows mobile 5.

Yahoo seem to have changed the requirements for setting up pop email recently and pda/mobile email clients don't seem to be supported now.
    Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Maybe this is true, but i don't see how the mailserver can differentiate which type of device is acccessing it through the POP3 protocol, it doesn't make sense for it to refuse connections depending on the OS from which they originate. Where did you hear this? I might be mistaken, but it seems unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Timmins wrote:
    Maybe this is true, but i don't see how the mailserver can differentiate which type of device is acccessing it through the POP3 protocol, it doesn't make sense for it to refuse connections depending on the OS from which they originate. Where did you hear this? I might be mistaken, but it seems unlikely.

On the yahoo mail site under 'pop and forwarding' options it says that setting up a pop account is possible with PC email clients such as OUTLOOK, eudora etc but does not mention windows mobile clients such as pocket outlook at all.

Anyway i've followed the instructions they have for setting up a pop account with outlook to try and set up a pop account in POCKET OUTLOOK on my device but i've had no luck.

I can't send mail at all with it.

Having said that i'm using the 'three' network to connect so i'm not sure if it's a 'three' problem or not TBH.

Incidentally i've also tried setting up a yahoo pop account in OUTLOOK on my pc which should work but again no luck. I'm using the three usb modem to connect in this case.

The 'three' network is the common factor in the 2 scenarios.
    So i'm not sure where the real problem lies TBH.

Ah, the fact that you're on 3 network brings more light to the problem. Three have the SMTP port blocked or behind a proxy or something - many of the data modem users have been unable to send email and have comaplined. The same if you're connecting to the internet via a handset.

I'm not sure if theres a fix as of yet, but calling customer care ( 333 ) might be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Timmins wrote:
    Ah, the fact that you're on 3 network brings more light to the problem. Three have the SMTP port blocked or behind a proxy or something - many of the data modem users have been unable to send email and have comaplined. The same if you're connecting to the internet via a handset.

I'm not sure if theres a fix as of yet, but calling customer care ( 333 ) might be your best bet.

Cheers.
    I doubt their CS would help TBH- it's not a three handset anyway so i wouldn't get anywhere with them.

Very frustrating if it is a three SMTP issue.
    Although gmail works afaik.

Anyone else have pop mail problems with three?

Just to clear things up - i can receive mail fine, but i can't send it when i'm connected via my phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement