Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite intro?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Dudess wrote:
    You're taking the pee - that doesn't even HAVE an intro! However, their previous incarnation, the far superior Jefferson Airplane (see, I learned something from Homer!), released a great single called White Rabbit in the late '60s - now THAT has a magnificent intro!

WHITE RABBIT! PLAY WHITE RABBIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I have a thing for spoken intros so to that end,

Guns N Roses - Civil War, with the lines from Cool Hand Luke "What we've got here is a failure to comunicate..." that one.
    Underworld - Choose Life

also embarasingly enough I absalutely love the intro to, Dune - Hardcore Vibes, I feel my eyes start to flicker back and forth everytime I hear it.

Ahh and who could forget, Journey - Don't Stop Believin', so melodic, simple and upbeat, and since being used at the end of the Sopranos it also holds a kind of eerie feeling of suspense for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Queen- Tie your mama down (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Steez wrote:
    Got my favourite one. I know hiphop isn't most people's music, but if you want a decent intro, listen to Common's Be track. Incidently, it's the intro to the album as well.

Another great hip hop intro is Its Bigger than Hip Hop by Dead Prez. It has a real weird sounding bass intro. Dave Chapelle used it on his show.

Advertisement