Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus starting problem

Options
  • 19-08-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a Ford focus - 2002 - 67 000 miles.

The car works a charm. But from today, for no apparent reason,it takes me 3 turns of the key to start the car this has just happen a few times today,the last time
    This happen was just before my last Service back in may and it has,nt happened till today I thought it might be the battery last time so I got a new one do you think my car mite just need a Service?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does anything happen when you turn the key, if not and then it starts after a few turns then it's likely you need to get your starter motor reconditioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

it starts most of the time it just happened afew times today. when i turn the key it sounds like the battery is flat. try it again and it start right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as in the starter turns really slowly or as in you just hear a click or nothing at all?

its just a click i here and noting happens, and on the 3rd time it starts. but as i said before its only every now and then this happens.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have read somewhere before that the MkI Focus can suffer from a faulty ignition coil. Not sure if this is your problem though. Maybe you should have your mechanic examin the car.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I suspect your starter motor or possibly your alternator may be faulty.

Hi guys it was the starter motor. I had toget a reconditioned one today. the guy who fixed it for me told me the old one had corrosion on it.
    100 euro toget it fixed. is this a normal thing to happed to a 02 car.
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

keitht wrote:
    Hi guys it was the starter motor. I had toget a reconditioned one today. the guy who fixed it for me told me the old one had corrosion on it.
    100 euro toget it fixed. is this a normal thing to happed to a 02 car.
    Thanks guys

The focus seems to be heavy on starter motors. Still, spending €100 on a 5yo car isn't exactly a reason to ring Liveline.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

keith

• Advertisement
Advertisement