Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k to invest

• 19-08-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have 5k sitting around that i want to invest.

I want high return so am willing to go high risk. I dont know how long i can kep the money invested but i'd say 1-2 years.

Whats the best option? Its in Rabo now earning 5%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You're probably better off in some of the rabo funds for that sort of amount.
    The time span of 1-2 years is a bit short of the recomended 5 -10 years for such investments and increases the odds of you losing some of your investment as there may be insufficient time to ride out any fluctuations or volatility in the market.
    Most of these funds have taken a massive hit recently:( so if you were in for the short term recently you could be on a loser, that being siad it may be a good time to buy, there is a big panic going on at the moment and the baby has been thrown out with the bath water meanin that there may be some good value to be had.
    Personally if I needed the money for a specific purpose in a year or two I'd just take the 5% on deposit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Put your money into an account with someone like deltaindex and do some tax free spread betting. Its fun too. I'd advise to put a one week stop 'buy' bet on apple shares on the nasdaq. Also, put a sell bet on crh.

Advertisement