Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Gunner banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

alan123 wrote:
    Free Barabus!
    +1

Free the shooting forum 1.

Somone email CG - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53795257&postcount=52

Maybe sparks or someone can provide contact details for one of the admins.. I think its admin@nospamdiediedie.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I just emailed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Whether meant in jest or not - it doesn't look great to slag off someone when you know they can't defend themselves.

Sorry, wasn't intended as a dig at CG. I've often said to him when he's been here that he needs to get his spacebar fixed ;)

I think a couple of the lads have his email, so I'd expect that he's been sent notice of that post.

Looking forward to seeing you back CG!

BTW - when I got permbanned there a couple of weeks ago, I notice that there were no threads asking for me to be unbanned... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm afraid to go against the vote, you people have guns!

+1...

BTW - when I got permbanned there a couple of weeks ago, I notice that there were no threads asking for me to be unbanned... :(

Was it in connection with Shooting and Guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Funny that!?!

Preusse wrote:
    Was it in connection with Shooting and Guns?

No.. little bit of a mix up re a namechange..

But still!!

No.. little bit of a mix up re a namechange..

But still!!

Ah no...no no...has to be related to either shooting or guns!

Only kidding... ;)

EDIT: Now that you mention it...what was your previous name? I seem to remember your sig. Maybe that's why nobody said something?

• Advertisement

original_psycho

original_psycho

Yes, I remember...sorry, have to get used to the new name first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Just spoke to CG a few minutes ago.......

Bullets, can you e-mail him later? He's on the road right now.

I sent him an Email earlier but unfortunately it came back with a delivery failure?

Maybe someone with the correct address can try it again.

Best,
    Preusse

EDIT: Got a reply from CG although the original mail came back deliuvery failed. Anyway, should be sorted out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Anyway, should be sorted out soon.
    Excellent news. He's a cracked eejit sometimes, but he's our cracked eejit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Sparks wrote:
    Excellent news. He's a cracked eejit sometimes, but he's our cracked eejit :)

Personal abuse, ban Sparks! :D

(only joking :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I have had a few exchanges with him too. But go on Mods put in a word for him.........Let him back.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I forwarded on a message he wanted me to sent to the Admins,
    but I honestly feel the said message may have done him more harm than good.
    (ie I dont think he's cooled off fully yet)

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

We all get passioante about certain things and things can get out of hand and we say things we don't really mean in the heat of the argument..............

Maybe if he gave an undertaking to tone down his posts ?

bullets wrote:
    I forwarded on a message he wanted me to sent to the Admins,
    but I honestly feel the said message may have done him more harm than good.
    (ie I dont think he's cooled off fully yet)

~B

I am afraid I got the same impression from his replies. :o Ah well, some need more time to cool off. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Clare Gunner banned.
    Say it an't so?

C G is one of the good guys.

Bring him back....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Am I allowed to pass on a message from a Banned Board member?
    Since he was banned he has no access to his contacts or PM's
    I dont see anything in the rules telling me I am not allowed so with
    that said.............

CG still appears to be banned, he has not heard
    anything back from the admins:

see below:
    I have asked Vegeta and Bullets to pass on
    emails to the board admin to open a discussion,as I cant contact them
    directly,as everytime I press contact us .I get a this page cant be
    displayed notice. Nor have they responded to my above main email
    address thru your PMs to them.So it seems they are saying one thing to
    you on the public boards ,and doing somthing else privately.IE not
    playing the game.So this is fine too.

Anyways,folks,you might want to let the others know on boards.ie that
    we have a new board to discuss gunownership in Ireland the addy is
    groups.google.com/group/gunowners-ireland.
    All the old crew are welcome[Even Sparks].It's invite,but anyone with
    a history of posting consistently on boards.ie shooting is welcome.

So lets get this board moving.Talk to you all soon
    Regds
    Clare Gunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I hope he is allowed back to this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

CG was one very nice chap indeed, it seems if you have any sort of an opinion or loose your temper in the heat of the moment the PC Police come down hard.

For this reason I no longer post in AH,Religon,Politics or anything that is full of dictators or anyone who is sickening with their polticial correctness.

I just stay in the sections where I know the lads are sound, obviously here and a few techy sections.

He will be sadly missed but alas the admin's dont really give a toss about most peoples opinions as they run and control these boards and hence can do what they want without any question.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Flying wrote:
    CG was one very nice chap indeed, it seems if you have any sort of an opinion or loose your temper in the heat of the moment the PC Police come down hard.

I'll agree that CG was a nice chap. This is an unfortunate incident. But with the admins of the site already facing legal action, it's better to be safe than sorry. As far as I know, no admins post in this particular sub forum. Therefore they do not know CG. They don't know his intent. I'm sure if someone you didn't know threatened legal action against you or your site you'd do the same thing.

Saying that, hopefully it'll be sorted and the ban will be lifted soon. The last time I read the feedback thread, they said it was indefinite rather than permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Flying wrote:

Does PC here stand for political correctness or Police constable?
    Because I don't see what treating to sue a site has to do with political correctness.
    Police constable on the other hand....... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

tuxy wrote:
    Does PC here stand for political correctness or Police constable?
    Because I don't see what treating to sue a site has to do with political correctness.
    Police constable on the other hand....... :eek:

LOL the first not Plod ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Flying wrote:

For this reason I no longer post in AH,Religon,Politics or anything that is full of dictators or anyone who is sickening with their polticial correctness.

I just stay in the sections where I know the lads are sound, obviously here and a few techy sections.

He will be sadly missed but alas the admin's dont really give a toss about most peoples opinions as they run and control these boards and hence can do what they want without any question.

Agree 100%. I do like posting on Boards as it is informative, but a lot of the posters and mods need to take a chill pill. Over on the motors forum you can't post up without some jumped up idiot on his high horse ruining the thread, and they are the first to make silly generalizations about people then. I know other areas of the site are the same. Other forum sites are far more easygoing, and while I definately understand where boards.ie is coming from over the ridiclous law suit regarding people openly and rightfully discussing a certain concert/event a while back and this came back to bite them, and I understand boards.ie does not want to be sued, the PC brigade rule this place with an iron fist and it gets fustrating at some points. I find the shooting forum to be one of the better forums, less bickering(even though some does happen over shooting organizations etc).

Now back on topic, CG I always found to be a Highly knowlegable addition to the forum, he will be missed if he is not allowed back. Can the mods not see it was not a serious threat and take a joke?! Anyway maybe I'll try and join that new forum he started.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

astraboy wrote:
    Can the mods not see it was not a serious threat and take a joke?
    The mods in here can (though it wasn't really meant as a joke in context), but the admins and the other mods don't know CG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sparks wrote:
    The mods in here can (though it wasn't really meant as a joke in context), but the admins and the other mods don't know CG.

I figure I already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway. Were any of the shooting forum mods consulted by admin on the ban? Or as to what kind of guy CG is? I've seen this come up a couple of times now that admin etc. don't know CG (seems a cop out - I'm not arguing the point or making that comment personal), but in a gun related thread perused by a Gunner... Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where he posted most ;)

Advertisement