Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Fiat Bravo - Any takers???

Options
  • 19-08-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

My local Fiat dealer is getting two of these in tomorrow and I will be test driving one in the next 48 hrs :)

Has anyone else an interest in their new car? Curious?????

(For all the Fix it again brigade , don't bother posting as we have heard them all before!!!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If it looked like that yes, but it won't in Irish base spec!!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

ninty9er wrote:
    If it looked like that yes, but it won't in Irish base spec!!

I beg to differ, the sales guy told me that Fiat will be coming out fighting with Spec AND pricing to get people buying!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yes, it could be the Stilo all over again!

But the Stilo had far more standard safety spec and other goodies than anything else at the time (until they pulled the spec back)

I nearly bought a 3 door one on the launch night all those years ago, although I don't think the new Bravo is as appealing.

colm_mcm wrote:
    yes, it could be the Stilo all over again!

I nearly bought a 3 door one on the launch night all those years ago, although I don't think the new Bravo is as appealing.

I did buy one, '05 1.4 Stilo Active Sound for the wife, she still has it and wants to keep it!!

I test drove it and the novelty wore off. the 1.2 engine and 6 speed box were fine in my Punto, but they couldn't handle the Stilo's heavy body, even the 1.6 didn't feel quick.

The new Bravo just looks like a big Grande Punto.

• Advertisement

The 1.4 she has drives well and is fine for the body, the 1.4 gives out 95bhp, the Fiat 1.6 is an old engine now only developing 100bhp.

The grande punto is not a bad car either but I much prefer the look of the Bravo so far!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

LIGHTNING wrote:
    I`m keeping an eye on the new Lancer, it looks the business hopefully it drives decent. Its out in the US and has a decent interior too.

lancergu0.jpg

will it still arrive on the forecourts witgh a sh1tty retrofitted out of place cd/radio :D:D

and the combination of small steel wheels and a huge spoiler that seems peculiar to Hyundai and Mitsubishi

Ah well the thread about the Bravo was good while it lasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Sorry, it's a pretty dull car. How much does it cost?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Sorry, it's a pretty dull car. How much does it cost?

No idea yet, should find out tomorrow.

It will fail unless it's a good bit under 20k

colm_mcm wrote:
    It will fail unless it's a good bit under 20k

Agreed , but the Grande Punto is €17645 for an equil. engine size and 5 dr so ??????

it's gonna bomb, it won't sell on quality or image. Price is the only reason people would buy one. Korean manufacturers are offering more reliable stuff. THe Hyundai I30 is gonna slaughter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote:
    it's gonna bomb, it won't sell on quality or image. Price is the only reason people would buy one. Korean manufacturers are offering more reliable stuff. THe Hyundai I30 is gonna slaughter it.

Theres an awful lot of Puntos going round though. A good few of those people may well chose the easy upgrade route of going straight to a fiat garage.

colm_mcm wrote:

The Bravo is streets ahead on looks compared to the dull I30!!

It's certainly better looking than the Hyundai, but it's not exactly sensational looking. Remember when the original Bravo/Brava was launched. They were unlike anything else. The new model is nothing special.

Agreed but if I was not going to Longford tomorrow for work I would be in Old Chapel testing one out!!! :)

BTW: I used to have a Brava and the wife had a Bravo (Sad I know !!) ;)

I had one too! bought it purely on looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

techie wrote:
    The 1.4 she has drives well and is fine for the body, the 1.4 gives out 95bhp, the Fiat 1.6 is an old engine now only developing 100bhp.

The grande punto is not a bad car either but I much prefer the look of the Bravo so far!! :)

I drive a 1.4 stilo and it is a fast car! Compare it with pretty much any other car in its class and its faster. Better performance and lighter than the new golf too. Very good kit for little or no money. Not keen on the bravo though but I'm waiting to see what abarth pulls out! I'm very surprised they didn't make a 3door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I saw the Bravo recently in Italy. It is a very good looking car, better than it looks in pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Theres a few up there on carzone. Theres one that looks like the above picture with the nice alloys and chrome strips around the window. Looks great but the two navy ones look bad! Punto looks better

su_dios wrote:
    I drive a 1.4 stilo and it is a fast car! Compare it with pretty much any other car in its class and its faster. Better performance and lighter than the new golf too. Very good kit for little or no money. Not keen on the bravo though but I'm waiting to see what abarth pulls out! I'm very surprised they didn't make a 3door.

Wait until you see the new Bravo T-Jet 150 Sport, Wow!!! What a car, my local dealer has one and it is the bees knees!!! :) At 25k though????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

techie wrote:
    At 25k though????????

you could get an astra sport for that

jameshayes wrote:
    you could get an astra sport for that

Yes but you will need a lot of batteries for the torch you need in the back, its DARK in there, friend of mine has one!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Looks a bit nissan to me. BTW I liked the old bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I remember Clarkson gave the Bravo/Brava a great review on the old Top Gear. I think he even pronounced it 'best in class' (this was prep-Focus MkI).

I can't see the new car doing the business against strong competition from above (VW, Ford etc.) and below (Hyundai, Kia etc.)

A friend of mine has just bought a Kia C'eed 1.6 diesel and In was amazed - quite handsome, great spec (leather!), really responsive, refined engine, decent handling plus a 7 YEAR WARRANTY!!

Blows the socks off a Stilo and I'd recommend it over an Auris to a family member...

pburns wrote:
    I remember Clarkson gave the Bravo/Brava a great review on the old Top Gear. I think he even pronounced it 'best in class' (this was prep-Focus MkI).

I can't see the new car doing the business against strong competition from above (VW, Ford etc.) and below (Hyundai, Kia etc.)

A friend of mine has just bought a Kia C'eed 1.6 diesel and In was amazed - quite handsome, great spec (leather!), really responsive, refined engine, decent handling plus a 7 YEAR WARRANTY!!

Blows the socks off a Stilo and I'd recommend it over an Auris to a family member...

Funny you should say that because today I picked up my new Kia Cee'd 1.4 petrol and boy what a car, its the EX model so it has all the toys and as you said A FULL 7 YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 floss992

my first 2 cars were fiats, and boy did they give me major trouble (gear box.....engine head ....drivers seat collasped) so on so on ..wife bought a 2yr old punto and the engine management system just shut down on her plus door handles giving trouble.....changed 2 mitsubishi and bought 5cars so far..... and never spent as much as 1 cent on any of them......drove the new lancer..... impressive looking car,......designed in europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I saw that red T-Jet 150 in Monaghan's too, I was wondering what it's like to drive............have to dump those red 'sail' seats though !

I see on the UK site that you can spec up a 150bhp 1.9Multijet diesel, 6-speed full leather Sport Brava - looks the dog's on 18's, too. - what's not to like? Cheap, and fast, and low VRT/low tax - less than the 1.4 T-jet, actually......

I like 'em.

btw, I'm biased - I once bought a new Cinq Sporting - in yellow, naturally. Gave a lot less trouble than any car I've had since, I can assure you.........

And nobody is falling over themselves calling the Auris attractive, that's for sure......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement