Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Fiat Bravo - Any takers???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

These look absolutely superb I have to say, I actually saw a traffic cop in Blanch nearly spin the head off his shoulders trying to look at one proper last week.

hey colm_mcm - does everybody buy on reliability alone in your world ?

Can't you imagine that some people might take a chance to drive something they like?

Christ - how dull life must be in your house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

galwaytt wrote: »
    I saw that red T-Jet 150 in Monaghan's too, I was wondering what it's like to drive............have to dump those red 'sail' seats though !

I see on the UK site that you can spec up a 150bhp 1.9Multijet diesel, 6-speed full leather Sport Brava - looks the dog's on 18's, too. - what's not to like? Cheap, and fast, and low VRT/low tax - less than the 1.4 T-jet, actually......

I like 'em.

btw, I'm biased - I once bought a new Cinq Sporting - in yellow, naturally. Gave a lot less trouble than any car I've had since, I can assure you.........

And nobody is falling over themselves calling the Auris attractive, that's for sure......

And based on 2 reports on the Auris, both have been unreliable, one was a new hire car, 1st renter and the thing died on the person renting it. Toyota have slipped big time. And the C'eed is better looking! :)
    Anyway, ya, the Bravo. I like it. And the 150 multijet is far better value than the similarly priced bog basic 1.9 105bhp golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Biro wrote: »
    And based on 2 reports on the Auris, both have been unreliable, one was a new hire car, 1st renter and the thing died on the person renting it. Toyota have slipped big time. And the C'eed is better looking! :)

My old man has an Avensis and by god they don't make them like they used to. It has had a string of niggly problems(though the engine has never gone wrong in it's 86,000 km so far) like the Traction Control which certainly doesn't seem to be working(pull off on a hill and you can get the wheels to spin even when it's turned on and you still get that horrible smell of clutch from it when you do this), it has also pulled to the left under braking and this summer the air conditioning was like it was on strike. Toyota "reliability" is now like Merc and VAG.... firmly in the past tense. Although it has never properly broken down i.e. car off the road for a few days, and in that sense is still as reliable as a proper Toyota.

Though I've never been in the Auris, the sister car the Corolla is leaps and bounds behind the Mazda 3 and Opel Astra, I travelled in a diesel taxi recently and it feels like an old school Toyota in terms of build quality on the inside...loads of hard shiny plastic etc and the diesel is as slow as a good old fashioned diesel (and bear in mind this was a taxi driver driving it and when was the last time a taxi driver drove slowly?) so god only knows how the petrol moves at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Grande Punto on pies.

Will probably still give it a whirl when I have the chance, think Airton have some for a while now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fdisk

So, I've driven the new Bravo - and it will blow you away. Acceleration is very impressive, as is the handling and braking. The one I drove was fitted out to a vary high standard, and I assumed it was a special, but I was told that the only non standard was the leather seats. The insurance companies are going to have a major headache with the new Bravo - it performs better than a lot of 2 litre cars I've driven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The 150bhp 1.4L looks like a great buy + the spec is great on the sport model... Do many cars in this class have the 'blue & me'?

Thats a nice car. I'd probably go for one of their tried and tested diesel units rather than a petrol engine.

Although that 150 bhp 1.4t is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Pig ugly IMO, and a horrenduously dark cabin. Sat in one in the local dealers, wouldnt have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Fiat's common rail diesel engines are meant to be very good for reliability too.(and I don't mean good for a Fiat I mean good full stop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I think the 1.9 D will be about the same price as the 1.4T in july. and tax will be less on the 1.9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would prefer a golf, or even polo anyday over a fiat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

why, want to back that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Ah yes, the farmers choice. A good solid VW... "Shurrr what could be bether? Pure class dem VW's are..."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

drdre wrote: »
    I would prefer a golf, or even polo anyday over a fiat.

Explain...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 floss992

had2 Fiat's years ago ......got problems with both (gear box....engine head) ....wife bought a 2yr old punto ,and the engine management system went plus other faults along the way...... decided 2 buy mitsubishi after that, and up2 now i've had 5 mitsu's and never spent 1 cent on repairs, will keep on buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd have one....1.9 150bhp Multijet Sport....there seems to be a bit of overcharging on new ones on carzone compared to the website list price though

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

My mother had a decent 98Punto sx, she only got rid of it though as she didn't feel especially safe in it, have they finally ridden themselves of that "tinny" sound when you close doors? I remember driving it and constantly thinking it didn't feel put together very well at all, mind you the old Tipo was a treat, mind you hat's more a FIAT wide question I suppose. I've seen 1 blue/navy 1.9D on stunning dark alloys in town and it really looks striking, whereas a Golf R32 is very unasumming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Have a 156 and a Bravo at the moment, they are going to be joined by a Fiat 20VT Coupe after Crimbo before the eco nazi's green tax comes into force:rolleyes:.

sat in a 1.4 Tjet Bravo last week and loved it, beautiful looking machine, just a pity I didn't get to drive it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I was reading TOP Gear New and Used car guide last night and they give the Bravo 4/5, a very decent score!

My local dealer has some on display and while I haven't driven one I have had a lot of time to poke around them and must admit that I like the looks and styling :) The engine choice is pretty good too.

Advertisement