Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 worth it?

• 19-08-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've been considering getting a 360, is it really worth it at this time?
    I've played GoW single player before and had a blast...I hear it's a riot online.
    What else is there worth the time on it? Looking for a deep RPG with good graphics (already got Oblivion on PC). Is Project Gotham good?

Was also thinking a PS3 instead, but I really don't see any titles that will interest me that are out right now. I can always buy this thing later if the game situation changes.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The xbox is brilliant lots of great titles out for it already.
    I've played a few games online and they were ok but I really like Dead Rising, Fight Night 3 Demo was good so looking to get that. Ghost Recon is ok, not my cup of tea really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Def worth it... would only recommend getting one if you have a HD TV though... the difference is massive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Absolutely worth it. The game selection is great, far better than either the ps3 or the wii. And the next 6 months are set to be even better (Bioshock this Friday!!). The only thing you might want to consider is waiting a little longer to get the Premium with HDMI or the Elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

If you want some good rpgs, fable 2 is coming out in 2008. Also mass effect is coming out in november. It's a RPG but looks like GOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If it's the best RPG on a console, I'd be surprised if you find anything
    that'll surpass Mass Effect on the 360 when it's released in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Most definitely worth it. Great games out already and even better ones on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Now is the best time to get an Xbox 360. All the top quality games veryone has been waiting for are finally starting to be released. 360 already has a quality library of games already (Rainbow Six: Vegas, FEAR, Oblivion etc) and with most games now multi platform, theres no need to have a PS3 unless you're interested in the lame blu ray features. Even GTA 4 is going to have exclusive content only for Xbox 360 and the Splinter Cell series is to be an MS exclusive from now on. Add to that rumours of MGS4 (PS3's one title worth buying it for) on 360 and what more could you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Blue Dragon is out on the 360 this Friday. Check it out if you haven't heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MS have confirmed they will b dropping the price of the 360 - not sure when or what to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I would recommend waiting a week or two as the elite is to be released on Friday and:
    A) I'd imagine that the core will be discontinued
    B) The premium will have a nice price cut and replace the core.
    C) The premium will be updated with the HDMI port.

Hang on if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

price drop this friday to coincide with the elite :)

elite - 449
    premium 349
    core 279

but wait until the premium has HDMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

just cross your fingers should you get it you dont get the 3 flashing lights of death. I did after 4 months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

A) I'd imagine that the core will be discontinued
    Nope the core gets a price drop and comes with 256 mb memory card standard loaded with 5 arcade games and a wireless controller

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Go for an elite on release day if you have the funds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

I wouldnt bother with the elite. HDMI will make no noticable visual difference.
    and most ppl arent gonna need more than the 20 gig hard drive. so go with the premium. Its not worth the extra 100 euro.

And sure even if you do get those red rings of death, its under a 3 year warranty from microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its also worth getting for some of the great titles on XB Live Arcade (Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Prince of Persia, Geometry Wars, Mutant Storm, Alien Hominid HD, Bomberman Live...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

GStormcrow wrote:
    Blue Dragon is out on the 360 this Friday. Check it out if you haven't heard of it

Blue dragon got a pretty bad review on Gamecentral today. 6\10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

00sully wrote:
    price drop this friday to coincide with the elite :)

elite - 449
    premium 349
    core 279

but wait until the premium has HDMI

New Names for them too apparently:

Elite - 449
    Pro - 349
    Arcade- 279

Advertisement