Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 840ci - will I or won't I? Anyone with experience?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Sweet 8 mate.
    Excellent looking example, and a great colour combo.

I agree on the alloys too, the T-Stars are the nicest looking alloys BMW have ever made.

And I'm not just saying that 'cos I have a newly refurbished set for sale ;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lol, fair enough, fab car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

:D:D:D:D:D
    Classic stuff guys, I'm wetting myself here reading some of the posts; gas stuff. And again, thanks for all the great comments, much appreciated.

On the alloys - I do think that the throwing stars are pretty neat but again, personal opinion. The m-parallels are quite nice but I'm generally of the opinion that if it ain't broken, don't fix it.......as in, what comes are standard spec on the 8 series (or any other motor for that), I like to leave things they way they are - - no modding in other words. As the m-parellels weren't a standard, I just don't think they're quite as nice. However, nice wheels nonetheless.

Point noted about the direction of the throwing stars - I must attend to that this weekend. Cheers for the tip.

As mentioned earlier, I have seen the odd 8 series floating around in poor shape and it's a shame to see it but hey, some people obviously don't care I guess!
    I'm glad this post was resurrected as it seems to have been a half decent read so thanks for those who did read it.
    I'll get those interior pics up at the weekend for anyone interested.
    All this talk of the 8 makes me want to go for a spin.........I think I will!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Hi again guys,

Added a few interior pics as promised!

Cheers

http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/My840ciSport#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Sweet car shabby, I'm from your neck o' the woods and have seen the car quite a bit, very nice, every bit as good as your pictures suggest
    ;)

p.s. go on the Hull

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi again guys,

Added a few interior pics as promised!

Cheers

http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/My840ciSport#

Nice interior - lovely Bm fit n'finish. Does it have overhead cockpit lighting @ nite? Like the 5 series?
    Shame about the rear leg room tho - but feck them in the rear - they don't own it!:D

Advertisement