Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive value .... snap it up !

Options
  • 19-08-2007 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Ladcrooks offering 5/1 that both :

(1) Bernard Dunne to win fight on 25th Aug
    (2) Dublin lift Sam mcGuire

[Ladbrokes/boxing/boxing specials]
    I think Laddie's have offered too much with B.D @ 2/5 as their normal price.
    PuffPower has Bernard @ 1/4 to win.

Ref: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055121767

Dublin trading @ between 2/1 and 5/2 to lift cup.
    Dublin play 26th August.

In my opinion Dunne will win this very,very easily. .. leaving you an easy layoff on betfair, to get rid of a Dublin victory.

I dont know if Dublin will do it or not, and wont take the chance.
    But Cork in the final should alter the odds come time.
    Im getting rid of Dublin bet straight after the Dunne match.

Now, I shall reserve that statement with a plot.
    Im that confident of a Dunne victory.

All aboard for some easyish loot, please God !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't steam into a Dunne win at odds on to be honest, any chance of a bit of reasoning for your confidence in Dunne? Is he suddenly going to start holding his guard up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

lol,...... fair enough !!

Its a complete mismatch in my honest opinion.
    ok , Dunne isnt the worlds best by a long shot,... but his footwork is very stong when it comes to defence.

Put Dunne up against Ponce de Leon and ill put my life savings on Ponce DeLeon.

We'll see , but i can only see it going one way , and thats a Dunne points Victory.

go to PuffsPower and you can get Kiko @ 5/2 ,... but he should be 5/1 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Ladcrooks offering 5/1 that both :

(1) Bernard Dunne to win fight on 25th Aug
    (2) Dublin lift Sam mcGuire

[Ladbrokes/boxing/boxing specials]
    I think Laddie's have offered too much with B.D @ 2/5 as their normal price.
    PuffPower has Bernard @ 1/4 to win.

Ref: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055121767

Dublin trading @ between 2/1 and 5/2 to lift cup.
    Dublin play 26th August.

In my opinion Dunne will win this very,very easily. .. leaving you an easy layoff on betfair, to get rid of a Dublin victory.

I dont know if Dublin will do it or not, and wont take the chance.
    But Cork in the final should alter the odds come time.
    Im getting rid of Dublin bet straight after the Dunne match.

Now, I shall reserve that statement with a plot.
    Im that confident of a Dunne victory.

All aboard for some easyish loot, please God !

How would you get rid of the Dublin bet if you have it in a double??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originally posted by PIMPHO
    How would you get rid of the Dublin bet if you have it in a double??

Lets assume PIMPHO that Bernard Hopkins has €100 on that double. If Bernard Dunne wins the fight he's effectively got €100 on Dublin at 5/1 for Sam Maguire. You with me? Dublin at the minute can be layed at around 3.6 on Betfair for the All Ireland. Therefore that creates a trading opportunity. If you lay Dublin for €166.66 you win €66.66 (less Betfair commission) whoever wins Sam Maguire. Alternatively lay Dublin for €105 on Betfair for a free bet on the Dubs to win €227. I say €105 because after Betfairs 5% commission this will get you your €100 back if the Dubs lose.

Perfect logic! Thanks! :D

I'm on so.

Hey Bernard Hopkins, where did you find this special? Is it still available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

waht about kerry?;)

stuff the gaa,........ the point im trying to make is that this way the value on Bernard Dunne is massive.

for a price that should be 1.25 or 1.30 (imo).... doing the double will enhance the odds considerably.

work it out : 100 @ 5/1 double = potential 600€ return.
    taken seperately , combo of BD win @ 2/5 + 5/2 = return 495.

Basically BD is evens or so , its great value , and I urge people to work it out before ladbrokes take huge money, cause the offer will be withdrawn before the 25th comes around , i can assure you.

Alternatively, take the double special of BD win + Dublin to beat Kerry @ 7/2

dublin should be easily laid off at 7/4 to win the match.

location is Lad brokes.com , boxing , boxing specials, and there it is.

Ye who have faith, come follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Have to agree with you BH, 2/5 for a Dunne win is a super price. Iv watched Martinez in a 10 rounder and he looks like he wont bring a whole lot to the party, he can be very wild and leaves himself wide open and from what I have seen he is not at the level of Pickering/Walsted but he still remains somewhat of an unknown... I like your thinking on the dubs special but im just gonna have some of that juice at 2/5!!!

well,.... if you have a betfair account, and you can lay dublin @3.5........ that makes Bernard 2.00 instead of 1.40 , or evens (1/1) instead of 2/5.

Dublin will be 5/1 instead of 5/2.

• Advertisement

Snapped up the special last night BH.

Cheers!

So you going to lay Dub straight after Dunne's fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

PIMPHO wrote:
    So you going to lay Dub straight after Dunne's fight?

I certainly would!

oh yeah,...... im a dubliner myself and have absolutely no faith in them.
    in fact i usually hope they get beat. country people are much nicer than dubliners in my opinion.

got a heap of trading done on betfair with a green up of 80€ on all three teAMs , the evening after the last match. somebody requested a few grand of cork @ 2.44 ......and i obliged him with a few hundred, as the bookies were going 2/1 on cork.
    came back half an hour later and bought it back for 2.96 and 3.0, lovely freebie. might just stick all my green on kerry, and lay dublin for a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Went in to ladbrokes at lunchtime 2day and they wouldnt give me the 2/5 price .....shower of w*ankers, they changed their price while i was standin at the fu_ckin counter...... anyway i took some action on the double and also at 1/3...still good value in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Yikes, hope u didn't lose too much Bernard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I went for Martinez to win @ 5/2, worked out quite well for me :cool: Shame bout Bernard though, hopefully he'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

My word Ladbrokes are clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Ouch. Backed a Dunne win and a Dunne points win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

The Martinez camp had €10k @ 66/1 for a 1st round knockout.

Cha-ching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Can't believe how wrong the bookies had that fight. Kiko had a good record and I honestly didn't think Dunne could go 12 rounds. Although, having said that there was no way I thought the fight would last a minute and a half. Hope nobody lost too much and fair play to your man's family.

EDIT Just realised that could be aftertiming, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Kamaldihnio

Thank God I didnt back either of them and stayed away. In fairness if you knew anything about boxing, u prob would have backed the spinc. 10k on a first round knockout, why didnt they advertise that bet, I would have had anibble at 66/1. As for the dubs, same old story, break ur heart, bottled it for the 1st 15 mins of 2nd half, then started doing stupid things when they were on their way back. 1 point in it, win a free kick, hit a crossfiled ball, the keeper decides to do a bruce grobbelar and run forward with the ball, spoons it to Kerry player and they are 2 points behind again, this is after 5 points in a row. Your havin a girrafe mate.

Last of all, God love Bernard Dunne. So much hype, at least he is richer than me I guess!

Yours

El Nino aka Number 19

gosh,.... yes i lost almost 200 squid, and it could have been 600.
    anyway,... hope nobody else lost as much as i did :(
    'twas good value in that you got twice the market price on B-dunne,... but didnt see that coming and i am a big boxing fan. Kiko's record was very poor, in relation to his opposition.

However I offer my apologies to anybody who took my advice, :eek: :( :eek:

will try to find some decent arb's to post in return !!! if i can find them.

Advertisement