Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pulled Over

Options
  • 20-08-2007 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Well just got pulled over for doing 50 in a 30 on a town boundary! Im 17, the guard said that I wont get points or summonesed to court but a public liasons officer will be out to talk to me on my driving? Anybody had one out before? Or had this situation before???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

Dish wrote:
    Well just got pulled over for doing 50 in a 30 on a town boundary! Im 17, the guard said that I wont get points or summonesed to court but a public liasons officer will be out to talk to me on my driving? Anybody had one out before? Or had this situation before???

that sounds like bull tbh, standard procedure is points and a fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Your still considerd a minor in the states eyes hence no points or fines, i'd say if your on a provisional and were on your own they will limit the use of the car.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sounds like you're very lucky indeed, and that the Gard is actually looking out for your interests as a motorist, rather than using the opportunity as a money making excercise.

The Liason officer, will probably discuss driving a car responsibly with you. And recommend some training. Which you should probably get anyway, it makes you a safer driver, but a better driver too at speed should the need ever arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

ned78 wrote:
    Sounds like you're very lucky indeed, and that the Gard is actually looking out for your interests as a motorist, rather than using the opportunity as a money making excercise.

The Liason officer, will probably discuss driving a car responsibly with you. And recommend some training. Which you should probably get anyway, it makes you a safer driver, but a better driver too at speed should the need ever arise.

The Guard was sound bout it all! Like im on my first provisional and all like! He took me details so like could I be getting a fine for no full licensed driver accompanyin me?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I always assumed when people dropped the word "like" into sentances it was a speech impediment done through habit, or done involuntarily. How does that work for the written word?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    I always assumed when people dropped the word "like" into sentances it was a speech impediment done through habit, or done involuntarily. How does that work for the written word?

Nd that question has what to do with this topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Don't be so critical of him Colm, it is a huge improvement on his last post.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53787125&postcount=25

BTW I think I was correct when I said he was the new drdre of the motor forum. :)

Whats that suppoe to mean tuxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

How long have you been driving?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

trust me you dont wanna know dish ;)

• Advertisement

DonJose wrote:
    How long have you been driving?

A week! I know u's will be hypicritical about it but if you's knew the road u's would understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Here's a bit of advice Dish - say nothing more on the topic other than please and thank you if and when you get an answer. I'm not slagging you, but I can see you're simply cannon fodder for some people here, from your grammar to your personal circumstances. So cut yourself a break and just read the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Driving a week and already pulled over?

Hahah, wonder how long your driving career will be...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Don't worry Dish, there can only be one Drdre :p
    But seriously take wet-paints advice on board, you know it makes sense.

Edit: just having read this : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53787125&postcount=25, I think Drdre could be knocked from his number 1 position!!!

Holsten wrote:
    Driving a week and already pulled over?

Hahah, wonder how long your driving career will be...

Nothing gd to say dont say anything!

skibum wrote:
    Don't worry Dish, there can only be one Drdre :p
    But seriously take wet-paints advice on board, you know it makes sense.

Edit: just having read this :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...5&postcount=25, I think Drdre could be knocked from his number 1 position!!!

What does that mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

not to start the band wagon hopping but personally believe your parents are incrediblyfoolish to be letting you out on your own unsupervised after only driving a week (and thats not bringing in the fully licensed driver thing either)

All you really need to know is that you're being slagged. Seriously man, you're bringign your own thread off topic.

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Dish wrote:
    A week!

OMFG, are you Lorax's secret love child!!!

Seriously, you need to cop on big time, you're 17 years old, a week driving and you've been pulled over for speeding. From reading your posts you are stereotype boy racer material. Again, cop on before you go out and kill somebody. Drivers like you are an example of how fúcked the provisional driving system is.

Yup im am a boy racer! Im not gona deny it! I do love speed. Im not going to lie about it like! G on ahead and say best of luck to me and so on. I just asked at the start of this topic had anyone been visited by a Public Liasons person before on my grounds!

• Advertisement

Oh go for it lads, I give up.

And Dish? If you meet this Liason officer, could you get their contact details and post up here, just in case someone here wants to, um, er, ask about what their job entails? Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

lock maybe?

The question has been answered as accurately as possible. Maybe a few PP's might teach young Hamilton a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Wisesmurf wrote:
    lock maybe?

The question has been answered as accurately as possible. Maybe a few PP's might teach young Hamilton a lesson.

Now you know as well as anyone that PPs are probably not going to teach anything. Its a sad fact of life that many boyracers don't slow down until they are killed/injured or kill/injure someone in a speed related accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Coming from someone who has lost people to idiot young speed merchants - seriously cop on with it. After a week of driving thats absolutely ridiculous. Trust me - your not as good as you think you are. One thing to keep in mind is, just because you like speed, doesnt give you the right to force others on the road to deal with your reckless driving. Your not the only one it effects.

On the liasons officer, i dont know their role im afraid, though i hope he can inspire some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Spook_ie wrote:
    Now you know as well as anyone that PPs are probably not going to teach anything. Its a sad fact of life that many boyracers don't slow down until they are killed/injured or kill/injure someone in a speed related accident.

Maybe his 'rents might take a bit of notice that young Hamilton needs some maturity before he gets himself some wheels roysh.

I'm a young driver and its this type of person that makes me pay more for my insurance than I should have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

It's times like this that I'm happy insurance is so high for 17 year olds. I do feel sorry for the guys who have their heads screwed on and use appropriate speed at appropriate times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

We all understand the need for young people to have some form of transport outside of the larger cities specially in very rural areas, but one thing Dish, those rural roads are infinitely more dangerous, there's generally no speed limits and you then go and speed on

When I was a few years older than you (a few mind ya) I had three friends all killed in the one car speeding on rural roads, the bus they hit the front axle was driven back 4 feet, they were in a mini, needless to say they were scraped out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

My dream of Karma:

The liaison officer turns out to be a Lugs Brannigan type, old school copper, who liaises seven bells out of him with his own Sparco seat belt.

Then all would be right again.

Dish,
    Get yourself to a good school, then a good driving school. Hard as it may be to understand now, being able to communicate with the written and spoken word will get you much further in life than finding roads that are "unreal for speeding".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I have seen 3 serious spinal injuries in the last month, sounds like it wont be long before Im examining this fellows perianal sensation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, based on what you admit your road behaviour to be,
    you may find the following useful. LINK

Advertisement