Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pulled Over

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

How long have you been driving?
    Dish wrote:
    A week! I know u's will be hypicritical about it but if you's knew the road u's would understand!

Best stretch of road in Ireland?
    Dish wrote:
    Outside monaghan between der and meath i think it is! Thwer is a huge stretch of straight road! Unreal for speeding! But watch for cops! Get a detector! Ya neva know!

Pride
    Dish wrote:
    Yup im am a boy racer! Im not gona deny it! I do love speed. Im not going to lie about it like! G on ahead and say best of luck to me and so on. I just asked at the start of this topic had anyone been visited by a Public Liasons person before on my grounds!

Dish you're destined to be a perpetual statistic; I see a bright future for you in a sudden shift from being listed in the rankings of the % of low-IQ individuals who deftly defeat Irelands educational system, to becoming a member of the % of our 17 year olds who like to pop their spots off tree-trunks @ 140KMPH after a detour through a laminated windscreen. I'd laugh if there wasn't the huge risk of you maiming some poor person, child or whoever in the process.

Community Relations Officer, Garda Station, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. Telephone (074) 22222

I don't think that David Ivan Sean Harvey [public domain from the dopes profile] the intrepid "Rallyin, Drifting" icon [who has been driving a week] should be too hard to find.

- Personally I reckon you're too fcuking thick, and too much of a danger to ordinary decent folk to be allowed out on a BMX - ya overgrown Stats Kid ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Raiser wrote:
    David Ivan Sean Harvey [public domain from the dopes profile]
    You think the spelling and grammar are bad here? Check out his bebo page. :rolleyes:

Nice bit of proto-sectarianism going on there too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

How did you manage to find his BeBo page???!!

and raiser how do you know his full name?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

C_Breeze wrote:
    How did you manage to find his BeBo page???!!

and raiser how do you know his full name?
    It's all in his Boards.ie profile (just click on his username in any of his posts!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Rovi wrote:
    You think the spelling and grammar are bad here? Check out his bebo page. :rolleyes:

Nice bit of proto-sectarianism going on there too. :(
    Sweet mother of jebus.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

It is pretty unreal that a 17 year old who is driving a week can be caught speeding on his own.

The Guard that stopped Dish for speeding probably let him drive off home on his own!!! The provisional driving system is a joke at the best of times but the fact that the few laws that do exist for 1st provisional drivers are not enforced is ridiculous.

On another point I thought there was a pre test before you got your provisional now, from reading Dish's other posts, how the **** did he pass that part????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

High&Low wrote:

On another point I thought there was a pre test before you got your provisional now, from reading Dish's other posts, how the **** did he pass that part????
    There is no grammer section in the theory test.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Slightly hypothetical question, should a person living in say somewhere
    near 'Letterkenny' not have an Irish reg plate?

How would one report a presumed non VRT payment? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

From his bebo page

Understanding Donegal
    1. Donegal is NOT PART of Northern Ireland...we may be geographically in the north but we ARE part of the REPUBLIC!
    2. We DO NOT use sterling.
    3. We DO NOT do A-levels.
    4. We DO NOT have english licence plates. (Legally, although we do keep Customs very busy! Word of advice: never hand your keys over to them no matter what)
    5. Yes we DO have drive-thru car washes.
    6. Daniel O Donnell may be from Donegal,but that doesn't mean we actually like him.
    7. We HAVE the sexiest accent in the entire world. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

typical of the knobs I see driving around and around Letterkenny every time I'm up there usually with their boyfriends in the back seat.

Love the armchair republicanism on the bebo page. He's typical of the border area boy racers hopefully he'll grow out of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

***Born Catholic***
    ***Raised Catholic***
    ****Stay Catholic****
    *****Die Catholic*****

Bobby Sands
    "Our revenge will be the laughter of our children"

ahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha. What a tool. The sooner this gob$hite and others like him are got off the road, the better off we all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Right way off topic now! But anyway! I was brought up to standup for what I beileve in, and I believe in a united 32 county republic. You's have been nothing but hypacritical to me in this thread, but I cudnt careless to be honest. BTW the pictures I have of my car are old ones and I've paid the VRT.

I understand where u's are coming from about the statistics thing but you's can **** off bout the republicanism part. People have their beliefs, others should respect that!:D

Close thread please! Way off topic and arroganience is all thats coming out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Wow, you put a posting on boards.ie and all people want to do is dig up dirt.
    Yes the OP has a bad attitude and im far from standing up for him but he asked about a liasons officer.

What about the Guard not doing his job, are 17 year old excempt from penelty points, driving alone on first provisional?

MOD's here also pick and choose whats "off topic" and "personal comments"Ive seen people banned for way less. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Drdre has been knocked off his throne!!
    I didn't think I would ever see the day.

Long live* the new Drdre of the motor fourm, hail Dish!!

*then again judging from all the evidence produced here regarding his attitude and (lack of) experience and driving skills............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

C'mon lads, tone it down. To the OP, you are in need of some driving lessons, official or with a decent driver. You are in no position to be caught out speeding, period.

Seriously, you just can't judge speed right after such a short time. I put my car in the ditch a few times because of it. And I was in Highway Patrol units all over Florida for 8 years, so I wasn't a good or bad driver, just a learner like you.

It seemed to me that I knew 99% what I was doing. It was more like 9.9% when I look back on it. Slow yourself down, crawl before you walk. When you're good at lower speeds, you can build yourself up to be completely competent at nearly any decent speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Dish wrote:
    Close thread please! Way off topic and arroganience is all thats coming out of it.

David I think you'll find you're the one being very arrogant.

I was going to slag you off, have a go at you etc however that would be far too easy.

For starters when you want candid advice from an internet forum you should use proper grammer (not 'like' this, 'like' that etc) and spelling.

The reason everyone here has jumped on your case is because you are a walking cliche without knowing it and most posters here are probably alot more mature than you - that's not having a go but it's a simple fact that you are only 17 and most people on these forums are alot older than you.

My advice to you is spend some time reading alot of the posts in this forum, along with links etc. The information contained in them will make you a better driver and a better human being.

I promised I wasn't trying to have a go.....but from your posts on this forum and your bebo page (which you should make private so only your friends can read) you are simply the product of a terrible upbringing. Your parents have obviously failed miserably in bringing you up to be a decent person but that's not your fault at all.

You should read say the first 5 pages of threads in this forum. Learn what common mistakes people make when driving and how speed is the biggest killer etc.

Best of luck!

"I promised I wasn't trying to have a go.....but from your posts on this forum and your bebo page (which you should make private so only your friends can read) you are simply the product of a terrible upbringing. Your parents have obviously failed miserably in bringing you up to be a decent person but that's not your fault at all."

I'll take your advice yea! But who are you to tell me that I was brought up wrong! Dont you dare, say that! My parents brought me up well! I wouldnt want it any different!

Dish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why didn't they make sure you got a full education?
    Or teach you that the current IRA is just a front for criminal activity.
    Or show you to have consideration for others.
    Or let you drive before you are mature enough?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dish wrote:
    I'll take your advice yea!
    Evidently not when it comes to speed and the usual cliched boy racer "mentality"
    But who are you to tell me that I was brought up wrong! Dont you dare, say that!
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Judging from some of your posts here, you seem to be an OK kind of person if a little ill educated on matters of grammar and history. Whether that's due to educational issues or a lack of inbuilt grey matter, I'll leave history and the hospital shrink to work out.

At first, I thought and hoped you were taking the píss. I really did. A fictional culchie pighead. A functionally retarded backwoods bogger version of a Ross O'Carroll Kelly character that you were ironing the edges off in this forum prior to publication. Now all I can hope is that you're a one off, but sadly I doubt that as well.

Then I see this thread. Started off OK. Someone looking for advice on possible outcomes of a driving offence. Then the rest. The info that others have gleaned from the web about you beggars belief. It really does. I had honestly no idea this level of clinical idiocy and ill education was even possible in this day and age. It would be bad enough if you were simply the butt of jokes by people on high horses with more brains than you. That would be bad enough and I would not join in, but now you're "in charge" of a potential killing machine. If I may borrow a line from the pro gun crowd; "Cars don't kill people, idiots do".

As others have said you are a walking cliche. Unfortunately due to our woeful lack of proper driver education and restriction of the driving privilege you're now a driving cliche(IQ tests it seems are the way forward). You come across very strongly as someone that if I had my way wouldn't get the keys to a peddle car, never mind something petrol driven
    I wouldnt want it any different!
    That young sir is your biggest tragedy.

This person scares me. A person I thought only existed in jokes and cliche. I thank the fates I live in the other side of the country.

I hope you get points. I hope you get a youth liason officer that actually makes you cop on. Hope springs eternal though and I suspect you'll just be another stain covered by a blanket on the evening news if you're not very careful. That's the all too common and harsh reality of where a mix of clinical stupidity, youth, little education, lack of insight and cars can bring us.

Jesus.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement