Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star

• 20-08-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Just wondering does anyone own any STAR airsoft equipment? Im looking at the M16A3 they have. Looks fairly nice. Are STAR as reliable as TM and CA?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I wouldn't say as reliable, but they're not far off. I've never had issues with them myself but I've heard of a few things. Nothing major, hop-rubbers not being up to standard and the odd rattling barrell. My mate just ordered a Star G36 yesterday as they're the only company that do the "domestic" sight for it (combined red dot and 3x scope) so we'll so how good it is soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

just ordered the star G-36k version, some good reviews of it online. not sure about the m-16 though, when it arrives i'll tell ya what its likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

star is a real good manufacturer, the g36's are made of injected nylon fiber which is real tough and feels really nice compared to other plastic.
    the gearbox is high quality also, and allows the spring to be changed in 2 minutes only, without disassembling the gearbox.
    most of the star aeg's come with a power of nearly 300 fps, which is real nice too.
    all you would need to do is maybe put a 6.03 or 6.04 barrel, for a little bit more fps and precision :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Hmmmmm, misxed opinions. Damn people and their freedom!!! :D

I must search around more and try find a review. They seem to be more expensive than TM so i cant figure out why. Perhaps its the metal bodies....

The g36 looks real nice aswell. Didnt know about its scope, sounds very good for being a "free" adition (included in price might be a better phrase...)

Send us a pm when ure soft-gun arives will ya mate?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Col Austin

i have had the Star G36 for two months now and i cant fault it.
    The red dot sight is great, a bit smaller than some others but very usable and deadly accurate, i dont use the X3 scope much as my face mask gets in the way but the optics are crystal clear and both scopes are adjustable
    the build quality is rock solid, its been through the wars every weekend since i got it and has never failed me. even a full day of heavy rain last weekend didn’t stop it.

I think its worth paying the little bit extra for the quality, plus the dual scope is a nice feature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

if you want a review, here's the review i made on the Star SL9 when it came out last year :
    http://www.france-airsoft.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59309
    (basically the same as the G36, its just the stock that changes)
    you can translate it with google, coz i just dont feel like doing it myself :)

Advertisement