Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Review CAO Points - August 20th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I doubt that will be out yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

caesar wrote:
    Is the big long list of the points in the Indo or the Times? I can't remember!
    It's in both of them I think, I bought the times and it has a special supplement with all the points in it, number of places and last years points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I doubt that will be out yet though.

It is indeed my Mum's reading it at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have both papers and would recommend the Times supplement over the Indos for any of the budding staticians out there as the Times include the number of places available in each course! In general I think the Times' exam coverage has been much better this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

You can view the points at www.rte.ie/cao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

damn commerce at nuig 390, would've got it

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can view the points at www.rte.ie/cao

Excellent work :D

Have some friends I need to find out about - maybe they'll come visit me out in carlow :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

Ha! I got 440 in the LC and just checked my computer science course in DIT and the points are now only 210. I hope it won't be full of people thinking that its an easy course because the points are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Anyone know if a course on random selection in the 1st round is likely to drop at all in the 2nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Told mammy to get the indo this mornin and thats what she got but its the broadsheet version which I hate.....yes I do like the one that looks like a tabloid:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Anyone know if a course on random selection in the 1st round is likely to drop at all in the 2nd?
    I don't want to get your hopes up, but from what I understand it is likely as if anyone does not accept you are in with a good shot. There will always be people who defer and who change their mind about a particular course, so best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mine went up 35 points...really disappointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A course on random selection means that there are already candidates on the required points level that are next in line. You are less likely to get offered a place than you are in course that it is not subject to random selection unless you are one of the students that missed out due to having a low random number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

got offered rcsi.. stupidrandomselectionwantucd..

rant over, I've just accepted rcsi.
    I'll see you there!

Advertisement