Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What did you accept?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

I got offered TP in tcd. but jaysus, it JUMPED to 530. luckily i had plenty to spare, but for someone who REALLY wanted the course, that was a bitch, esp going by last year's points.

I also got offered mech engineering ( lv 7 ) in DIT, it was 305 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

DN020 Actuarial and Financial Studies

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Is there any website that shows this years first round points and last years first and second round points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Is there any website that shows this years first round points and last years first and second round points

Try qualifax for last years anyway ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Lads, how long do we have to make a decision ?!?

Need to read up on both courses / colleges etc

• Advertisement

ThatGuy wrote:
    Lads, how long do we have to make a decision ?!?

Need to read up on both courses / colleges etc
    August 28th 17.15, plenty of time, make sure you make the right decision or you may have to pay fees to change courses later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The cao shows most of the recent years points, no 2nd round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

MH203 - Computer Science & Software Engineering in NUI Maynooth. 320 this year, up 5 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

MH 208 ,Biological and Biomedical at Maynooth!!Anyone else here off to Maynooth?

Holsten wrote:
    The cao shows most of the recent years points, no 2nd round though.
    Ya I don't think there is any website, might be in The Irish Times, i just wanted to see if the points have gone down in Round Two in the past. thanks to Holsten and ThatGuy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I just accepted DT211-Computing(DIT), W00t!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

GY301 Science. First choice wasnt worried a bit considering I have 540 points. But good to have it out of the way. Just read the points were 280 :O I had nearly twice what I needed for the course. Maybe I should have just been a complete waster this year ;) Does this mean Ill be surrounded by incompetence!? :p Only joking. With Sciences high drop out rate Im sure the chaff shall be seperated from the wheat quick enough.

/me awaits more forms to fill out for grants/accom/registration. I hate paperwork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If you accepted something at round zero but something you prefer comes up in vacant places can you go for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 memberofpublic

Accepted Science in Trinity! Went up by 25 points, thank God I had enough to spare.

GDM wrote:
    If you accepted something at round zero but something you prefer comes up in vacant places can you go for that?
    Yes, I would think so as any later offer would supersede an earlier one. Ring the Irish Times helpline just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Nothing.
    Got 570 points but didn't get med so decided that it would be unfair and take the physics place off someone else.

CT if you don't accept the physics and med comes down in second round you won't get offered a place. You do know that don't you????

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

Chemical engineering all the way :)

My brother is majorly PO'ed, (as he is every year) when he did his LC he applied for Arts in Maynooth and missed it by five points (it was 350) and it now seems to have stayed at 345 every year since.

That's horrible luck but he made the best of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Cateym wrote:
    CT if you don't accept the physics and med comes down in second round you won't get offered a place. You do know that don't you????

If the medicine comes down enough, they would get an offer.. it's just safer to accept your first offer just in case the points don't come down.

I rang the helpline, I can apply for a vacant place after accepting a round xero offer, now I just hope the one I'm looking for has places left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Finance in UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Got my first choice, Environmental Science and Health, DCU. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

Se&#225 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone!

I'm going into Second Year in NUIM (Media Studies w/ Nua-Ghaeilge).

Good luck to newly bred Maynoothians! You will LOVE Maynooth. No, i mean, if you were a small college village you would absolutely have sex with Maynooth.

I see Media Studies stayed the same this year. Although Arts was my first choice in Maynooth I got 535 and could've done Media which was 430 or something. So I transferred in when I got into college. So remember guys if you got higher points than you expected and want to change courses, you might just be able to!

Looking at the points I again have seen all the lovely courses I could've done.. like pyshio, law and speech therapy... Guess I'll be a jobless bum after college unlike you people who have career crafted degrees coming up!

They're exactly the subjects I'm gonna do. Just need to pick a 3rd subject for first year... Any other new first year maynooth media people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I needed a minimum of 5D's in Ordinary for DL131 Computing in Multimedia Programming. Including maths and english. I got much better than that and I was not offered it for my first choice :(
    I was offered me second choice of TA312 Science - Computing. To be honest, Im not all that excited about Tallaght. I really wanted Dun Laoighre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Got my first choices - DC121(Computer Applications) & LY207(Law). I accepted DCU and am very happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Got arts in Maynooth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

anyone know how many points law and french in UCC was in the 2nd round offer?? My cousin is 5 points off it, poor guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

my course went from 330 to 365...didn't get it and i won't now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

My 2007 results aren't listed...just my number

Same here!

Got my 1st choice with 145 points to spare! BA in Comp. Sci. in UCD! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well i am so pissed.

Science goes from 415 to 440*

Never been more angry, my D2 in English has cost me my place in the course, words cannot describe how pissed i am.

On holiday too and could not believe what i was hearing, all this ****e about science.

So i will see you in Comp Science JK, unless of a miracle.

What is the story should i accept my offer that i have yes?

Advertisement