Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What did you accept?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

accepted psychiatric nursing in ucc!!! so delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Just found out my 1st choice has gone from 500 back up to 510 AND people on 510 are on random selection. Praying for a 2nd round drop/appeals to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

After 4 hours of having some sleep & thinking, i decided to accept Arts in Maynooth. I don't mind going there, but i'd rather do Arts in Galway, my number 1. I missed out by 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hey if i accept Comp Science.. and Science comes down to 435 in the 2nd round, can accept it then?

Unlikely i know

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

DC217 Intellectual Disability Nursing my 1st choice, it stayed the same as last year 310. got 450 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hey if i accept Comp Science.. and Science comes down to 435 in the 2nd round, can accept it then?

Unlikely i know

If Science was No. 1 on your choices, and it comes down in the 2nd round, you will be offered it, even if you accept Comp Science. You can only move upwards on the cao choices, no matter when you get the required points(as in, 1st or 2nd round)

As for me, Dn012-Arts in UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just found out my 1st choice has gone from 500 back up to 510 AND people on 510 are on random selection. Praying for a 2nd round drop/appeals to work..

That really stinks >_<
    Hope things work out for the better.
    To anyone thinking of repeating, dont until the 2nd rounds come out as said before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PearlsOfLight

Just got my first pref! Whoop! European Studies in UL. Anyone else gonna be there?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

missed msiss on random selection :/ stupid going up 30points :( SIGH

better get it on round two!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I didnt get my first preference, but I didn't have the minimum grade for that so no big suprise, I got accepted into commercial computing in WIT, I might take it with a view to moving to another coarse latter on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Got my first choice, Arts in NUIM. Just checked points for HPSS and they dropped by 55, so I could've gotten that had I kept it no.1, however I'm glad I'm staying at home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

DT501 - music in DIT! legend! first choice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

CK302 - Law and French. It went up 30 points from last year, which was a killer for anyone going on last years points. I was originally aiming for 520, thinking that would deffo get me in. Even though I was still 40 points clear, its such a relief.
    Yay, college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

offerjl1.jpg

Why did everyone get up at 6?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got my first choice, Environmental Science and Health, DCU. :)

Well done man!

MI005 for me. Primary Teaching ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

JC 2K3 wrote:

Insomnia and nerves would be my guess. My brother got the Irish Times at midnight when the points were released last year so before going to bed I knew I had my course but I still got up early to look online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

I'm not over the moon, but I'm happy I guess.

I didn't get my first choice DN033. It jumped by 50 points! :( :mad: :eek:
    I had a 40 point cushion over last years points.

Last year DN033: 365
    My points: 405 (Damn my laziness!)
    DN033 2007 points: 415

Fortunately I have a 100 point cushion for DN008 which was my second choice and my back up. I should be able to do pretty much exactly the same thing as in my first choice, in DN008 - so I'm not gonna complain. And if I happen to get offered my first choice in round 2, lucky me.

I'm not gonna bother with appeals as I'd rather just get into Uni straight away, instead of waiting and maybe not even getting it. Even though, in my opinion I did do a little better in a couple of subjects so I could make it into my No. 1 choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

JC 2K3 wrote:
    offerjl1.jpg

I was up at half six for work and my parents cornered me and made me check:rolleyes: `

All sorted and accepted now though, It's very painless for something that can change the rest of your life

So i will see you in Comp Science JK, unless of a miracle.
    Why does everyone call me "JK"?

And yay! You, Nehpets and I are all doing CS in Trinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Your studying Counter Strike in Trinity ? Cool !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Just accepted my offer for Business and Chinese (first choice) at UCD. Anyone else doing this course??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

Hairspray wrote:
    MH 208 ,Biological and Biomedical at Maynooth!!Anyone else here off to Maynooth?

sure am

mh201 science went up 5pts 305

now all we have to do is ring em back tmoro to see if ive got on campus accom.

Your studying Counter Strike in Trinity ? Cool !!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I was just waiting on the post though, I wasn't gonna bother with online. BUT when no CAO offer came in the post this morning I started to get a little worried. So, I looked up the CAO offers and I found this:

4209462210a5327301332l.jpg

Yay!! I'm a going to college! But what is really surprising is that the course went up by 80 points this year :eek: Last year it was 200, but now it's 280.

I'm going to do Creative Multimedia btw. I can do a degree in it if I decide to go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Just accepted Irish Studies, second choice..still waiting for 2nd round/appeals to possibly get my number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Just found out that I missed med three times on random selection. (NUIG, UCD, RCSI).

There are no words for this anger...

My god mate, that is absolutely dreadful luck. Sorry to hear that.
    I guess you can only hope now for a nice second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I just accepted European Studies in Trinity. That was my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

got TP in trinity... first choice... yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Got Arts in UCD, fourth choice. I've also lost all will to appeal because Business in DCU went up by 10 or 15 points making an appeal worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Hairspray wrote:
    MH 208 ,Biological and Biomedical at Maynooth!!Anyone else here off to Maynooth?
    Same as yourself! see ya in lectures!

Advertisement