Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What did you accept?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

bright wrote:
    1st choice - TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies

up 5 points from last year didn't affect me... its too early to be very happy.

we are going to study the same course,
    2nd choice-TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies

i didn't get my 1st choice--ECONOMIC and FINANCE in ucd
    it went up by 45pts to 510.

i'm happy anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

cson wrote:
    Hmmm, Mary I/ Mary Dry/ Virgin Megastore ;):D

The oul guys to girls ratio (1:100) wouldn't have anything to do with yer choice? ;)

All i'll say is enjoy!

That is pretty high for a non Engineering related course:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blahdyblah

medicine in trinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D;):D:p:D:D :eek:

couldn't be happier.....the leaving stole a year of my life but it was worth it (I say that now but had you asked me six months ago.........)

Anyway............ anyone here joining me???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

blahdyblah wrote:
    Anyway............ anyone here joining me???

my cousin would be but she is turning it down.....good luck to everyone that will be competing for her place

jeezz turning down med in trinity......half the people on this forum would die to get that course. Any particular reason for her decision?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

blahdyblah wrote:
    half the people on this forum would die to get that course.
    Surely that is an idiomatic statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

blahdyblah wrote:
    jeezz turning down med in trinity......half the people on this forum would die to get that course.

Talk about boosting your own ego :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Death to those who desire medicine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Financial and actuarial mathematics in DCU for long!!!!!

Here's to becomeing a rich suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

[
    QUOTE=PearlsOfLight]Just got my first pref! Whoop! European Studies in UL. Anyone else gonna be there?:D
    [/QUOTE]

Hey me too!!

Accepted my first choice LM044 Applied Languages, dropped to 450 from 455 last year but Ive 85 points to spare anyway. Limerick here I come, so excited! YAY :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Death to those who desire medicine!
    Or merely to those who, in a haze of egocentricity, aggrandize the siginifcance of what is simply a different level 8 choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

DC 111 - Business in DCU......wooo to the hooo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fob

blahdyblah - what a clitoris of a human being! climb out of your own arse and realise that people don't desire a course merely because of the points, but because they have an interest in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

fob wrote:
    blahdyblah - what a clitoris of a human being! climb out of your own arse and realise that people don't desire a course merely because of the points, but because they have an interest in the area.

Well then why in the hells did she put it on her CAO?

TROO2 - Music in Trinity.

1st choice.

:cool:

blahdyblah wrote:
    Any particular reason for her decision?

well i dont want to give away too much info about her or whatever but she was in a related course last year and realised there were not many jobs so she applied for med as a halfway house of what she was interested in and a career. then between putting down her cao options and now she decided that she would finish her current degree as she really likes it and worry about her career in 3 years.

i think that was quite a good decision tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

DN077 , gen engineering in UCD

scraped it with 5pts to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

kawaii wrote:

TROO2 - Music in Trinity.

1st choice.

:cool:
    Do you have to do a performance test for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

Got 425 nd wanted business in DCU,,,,but it went up to 435!!:(:(,,was sooooo mad,,,,but av gotten over it now,,,got commerce in nuig,,,cant find accommodation at all tho,,so im screwed!!,,,ne1 no of ne in galway??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cson wrote:
    Hmmm, Mary I/ Mary Dry/ Virgin Megastore ;):D

The oul guys to girls ratio (1:100) wouldn't have anything to do with yer choice? ;)

All i'll say is enjoy!

It's actually about 8:1 or 9:1, but all credit to hyperbole! ;)
    My ex wasn't exactly happy when she found out I was putting it as my top realistic choice on the CAO form...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

powerofone wrote:
    DC 111 - Business in DCU......wooo to the hooo!!!

Highfive! see you there Mr/Ms powerofone:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Cliste wrote:

*High 5s*

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Cliste wrote:

What's a suit ?

A businessman ?

fob wrote:

oh for gods sake relax!! I'm not up my own arse at all and if you had ANY idea just how hard I had to work to get the points to do medicine you really wouldn't say that. There's NOTHING I want more than to be a doctor and the prestige and money seriously have extremely little to do with it.........

And to whoever said I'm boosting my own ego - and fair enough I can see how you could think that - I just meant that there are so many people on this forum who worked really hard and just didn't get lucky or who got 570 or whatever and missed out on random selection and that they must be reading that and thinking how someone who had applied and got the points would turn it down.....

Look, just give me a break..... you can't deny that trinity medicine is a highly sought after course and maybe some people do it for the wrong reasons..... but don't begrudge those who really put in the work......does anyone agree with me on this?? Prejudice towards those on high points courses??!!:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭cson

^ U needa back that shít down nigga!

blahdyblah wrote:
    oh for gods sake relax!! I'm not up my own arse at all and if you had ANY idea just how hard I had to work to get the points to do medicine you really wouldn't say that. There's NOTHING I want more than to be a doctor and the prestige and money seriously have extremely little to do with it.........

And to whoever said I'm boosting my own ego - and fair enough I can see how you could think that - I just meant that there are so many people on this forum who worked really hard and just didn't get lucky or who got 570 or whatever and missed out on random selection and that they must be reading that and thinking how someone who had applied and got the points would turn it down.....

Look, just give me a break..... you can't deny that trinity medicine is a highly sought after course and maybe some people do it for the wrong reasons..... but don't begrudge those who really put in the work......does anyone agree with me on this?? Prejudice towards those on high points courses??!!:p;)

you are in no worse postion then anyone else who missed their course and in fact probably better than most as you can have the pick of the rest of them if you were smart about your cao choices. i feel sorry for you having missed it but no more than i do the guy who missed the course that was 300 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

ethernet wrote:
    Do you have to do a performance test for that?

No. There's a theory test on rudiments etc and then an interview.

Edit: Though if you're a singer I think they might get you to sing a simple melody or something in the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

Cliste wrote:

yea i accepted dc126 too, can't wait to start in sept!!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

DN020 Actuarial and Financial Studies

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Music Media & Performance Tech in UL

Can't Wait...Anyone else doing this - I've got my accomadation sorted in thomond too!!!

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

digiking wrote:
    Music Media & Performance Tech in UL

Can't Wait...Anyone else doing this - I've got my accomadation sorted in thomond too!!!

Alan

my friend is doing it, i was supposed to be too but alas, didn't get the points...

Advertisement