Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What did you accept?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

mars bar wrote:
    my friend is doing it, i was supposed to be too but alas, didn't get the points...

Ah, Sorry to hear that, You might get it in round two - The points are dropping slightly i've been told - due to fall off of the numbers interested...Fingers Crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

kawaii wrote:
    No. There's a theory test on rudiments etc and then an interview.

Edit: Though if you're a singer I think they might get you to sing a simple melody or something in the interview.
    That's not too bad so. Cheers for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

ethernet wrote:
    That's not too bad so. Cheers for info.

Yeah, worked out for me!:D

Best of look so! Hope I'll see you there next year!

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Gangsta wrote:
    RC001 - Medicine....YES!!! First Choice

Nice one, looks as if I'll be seeing you there.. 5 or 6 year programme? (ie premed or first year med?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

kawaii wrote:
    Yeah, worked out for me!:D

Best of look so! Hope I'll see you there next year!

Dan
    That's if I drop out of IT! Was torn between the two. Maybe later in life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Nice one, looks as if I'll be seeing you there.. 5 or 6 year programme? (ie premed or first year med?)
    Well they offered the 5yr but I'm asking they change it to 6years. They haven't got back to me yet but they said it shouldn't be a prolem. Which are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'll be doing the 5 year course, can't wait.. have to find accommodation though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 goneforapuff

I was looking for some info on education and came across this thread. Congratulations to all who got what what they wanted.

2nd round points for 2006, Irish Times 31/8/06 I think. Office for back copies or ireland.com if you are a subscriber.

Reasons why there is hope for 2nd round points:-

Lots of people currently in college reapply through the CAO and then don't take up the course. Started colege 2006, not sure, no friends, won't pass maybe etc, so reapply only to settle in once the pressure is off. You could do this next year, far better than dropping out I think. BEWARE, if you change to new option you will have fees for the 1st year.

Lots of A level people, esp. from N. Ireland apply here, then take a UCAS place. Trinity for med run a system where there is a 'quota' of places for A levels, depending on the number who apply, so you have schools in N. Ireland telling people to apply even if they don't want the place to push the number up! Random selection is then applied, 'cause there are so many people with 4 grade A's at A level, especially if they have used the N.I. examining board who give out higher results. Yes there are different examining boards in the UK.

Uni's here know the above and try to get the numbers right for round 1, but it is very difficult, the phone call option given above is sound advice.

Beware about grad entry, there are moves afoot to make all "high points" courses grad entry. On the list were medicine, dent, architecture, engineering - these are all very expensive to run, anyone repeating a year will know this already. If the gov. can get you students to agree that it is fairer you will end up paying lots of money 'cause the gov. only gives free fees for a primary degree. The grad entry for medicine is 12,000 per year tuition only.

Hope this helps some of you out there. Good luck with college, and try to do a bit of work, you don't want to face failure next year after this years success do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 goneforapuff

Oops!

2nd round offers were published on 1st September 2006 and not in August. The Ireland.com web site does not have it either because it was in a supplement which is not online.

Some information, although not a complete list is available on this link

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2006/09/01/story12258.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'll be doing the 5 year course, can't wait.. have to find accommodation though!!
    try www.mercercourt.ie That's where I got mine. Sorry would have told you earlier if I'd seen the post earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

madnirvana wrote:
    accepted TRINITY 032

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING!! :eek: 1st choice :rolleyes:

Anyone doing ENGINEERING IN TRINITY here?

yeah i accepted tro too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just to inform people of an error in the Irish Times CAO thingy

Science in TCD was 440 this year and not 440*

So it just makes it even more cruel on me! A simple 5 points between me and my course:o

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Just accepted Business Information Systems ( BIS ) in UCC

Roll on September 24th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

is it me or is most people in this thread going to a University and most poeple got 480+ points? an IT anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

is it me or is most people in this thread going to a University and most poeple got 480+ points? an IT anybody?
    Most of us seem to be going to university all right, but I don't that many of us got over 480 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

We're nearly there! Do we have to leave this forum for good after tommorow?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ellie77

anyone going to marino..?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Boyeen

commerce with spanish UCD! anyone else?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

Sorry about the bump!!

I got Pharmacy in Trinity on the 3rd round today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Sorry about the bump!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

wow i'd say you are really going to appreciate your course now :D

were you all set up to repeat the leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Sorry about the bump!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Well done :D:)

pathway33 wrote: »
    wow i'd say you are really going to appreciate your course now :D

were you all set up to repeat the leaving?

Hey!! Thanks!

No,I was on my way to RCSI for orientation day for Pharmacy this Monday! So happy!:)

Mark200 wrote: »
    Well done :D:)

Thanks! I must be pretty lucky because I figure not too many people get a course like Pharmacy on the 3rd round.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ellie77

Sorry about the bump!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

good on ya!!

you must be delighted!!

:D

Advertisement