Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating

Options
  • 20-08-2007 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I didnt get what i wanted today (missed out by 5 points:mad: ) so now i have to sort out repeating i dont want to have to do english and irish this year so i have to do a new subject. the only ones our school offers that i dont do are: physics, chemistry, history and business. which subject is most doable in one year?

which subject is easiest to do in a year? 32 votes

Business
    0% 0 votes
    Chemistery
    75% 24 votes
    Physics
    9% 3 votes
    History
    15% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wouldn't you have to do two new subjects?

Wait till the 2nd round before thinking about repeating.

Anyway it would be without a doubt Business, it's mostly common knowledge and quite easy to study, History is good option if you're interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Please tell us what you're interested in and what subjects you're good at before asking such a question as it all really depends on the type of person you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

For the first time ever, i am seriously considering repeating this morning. I feel really hard done by, missing my dream course by 10 points when I was disappointed with 3 or 4 of my subjects.

In relation to the easiest subject in a year, from that list I would say Business but I am not a big fan of the Science subjects and their seems to be a lot of complaints about History. Economics and Accounting seem doable in a year if you think you might be good at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Physics and Chemistry.(combined subject) ;)

But out of those Business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Business, I got a C1 after thinking I had possibly failed(down from a respectable B2 in the mocks though:()
    DO NOT PICK HISTORY UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY, REALLY INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT.
    that is all:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I'd say Business.

Though you might get up a few points if you get anything rechecked so there's still some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had to repeat the other year and I can tell you Business was a silly thing for me to try. Its a much different format to the other classes Ive ever taken: the material seems like crap someone wrote on the toilet.

Its basically just a bunch of guesswork and shaky theory. And the material available to you is pretty loose, and it doesnt help much. I got a D1 in Business after 1 year. Conversely, I got a B1 in Higher Economics after One Year - though I must admit to having a Class-A teacher for that. If you don't care about understanding and reasoning, and are good at memorizing stuff which may otherwise seem illogical to you, go for business.

I wouldnt do history purely for the additional writing required but if you have a keen interest in the material it would be ideal. Otherwise I'd choose between Physics and Chemistry though I couldnt say which - I did Physics for 3 years and still got a C though I can honestly say that was through a complete negligence of the Experiments and not knowing as many as I should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

i started business in 6th year coz i cudnt hack physics! and i got a Higher A2!
    so i would defo recommend doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Without a doubt Business. If you can mindlessly absorb vast quantities of information and if you can get past the nebulous marking system you shouldn't have a problem. I got a higher A1, though the boredom nearly killed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I'm repeating my whole entire bloody year for the sake of five measley points too, I feel for you buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Micko23

Business. I had to take up one subject when I repeated and I took up Business and got an A1 in higher in the yr (my only A )

Geography and business are always seen as good repeat subjects to take up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Business

Advertisement