Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Use a SIM free handset with 3pay SIM and you will be cut off.

• 20-08-2007 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

Just like it says in the title, this is what I was told by 3 Customer Service yesterday when enquiring why, despite age verifying over a month ago, I am still being told to age verify when trying to access other sites with the 100 MB add-on.

Then I looked at paragraph 5 and in particular 5.3 of the Terms & Conditions and I'm thinking maybe he's right.

Anyone been cut off for using a non 3 handset?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

From what I have read here it hasn't happened to anyone yet. Something might have went wrong with the verification process. It has happened to me before. Just verify your account again and don't tell them you have a sim free handset. They'll use this as an excuse to fob you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

They say they will but no one has ever been cut off. Once you put the 3 settings into a sim free phone it should work fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

It's balderdash, repeated by staff who haven't a baldy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maddflogg

On various uk-forums that has been debated: non-2 handsets only work a "few minutes" on 3 or not at all or maybe longer if you're lucky! Their tech-support told me, "...not at all! Only 3-handsets"! No wonder, as their own handsets are severely "disabled" in many functions! Obviously, they don't want you to enjoy their packages AND everything else your phone has to offer by design (e.g. Use as modem, non-3g-internet use etc etc...I know, I've been called a "fool" here already, but I repeat: comparatively, 3 still are a walled garden! Ho ho ho!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Obviously, they don't want you to enjoy their packages AND everything else your phone has to offer by design (e.g. Use as modem, non-3g-internet use etc etc...I know, I've been called a "fool" here already, but I repeat: comparatively, 3 still are a walled garden! Ho ho ho!)

I regularly use my 3 handset as a modem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

maddflogg wrote:
    comparatively, 3 still are a walled garden! Ho ho ho!)

Please explain. I've heard someone say this numerous times without backing it up or basing it on outdated information (I'm not saying this is you) so please clarify how you consider it to be a walled garden preferably using bullet points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

to actually discriminate between Three and non-Three phones on their network I will eat my N80.

For them it's a project with an undefinable time-frame to set up an SMTP server :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

From what I have read here it hasn't happened to anyone yet. Something might have went wrong with the verification process. It has happened to me before. Just verify your account again and don't tell them you have a sim free handset. They'll use this as an excuse to fob you off.

Looks like it was an excuse. I can report the 100 MB mobile BB add on working very well on a sim free N95.

Some CS staff are great, while others are totally useless.

Advertisement