Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Kalos 2002??

Options
  • 20-08-2007 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I saw a car for sale on the side of the road during the weekend - a Daewoo Kalos 2002. Took it for a drive etc - all looked good.

I just went online today so check other prices etc - and I can't find any other Kalos made in 2002. Does anyone know what is the story????

Is it a scam?? Car looked perfect. Japanese import??

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=6&xMakeID=6&ModelID=686&xModelID=686&Year=2002&xYear=2002&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

There are some, Daewoo is Korean not Japanise, so I think there are no Jap imports around.

Would I spend 4k for Daewoo? Hell no!

I have Matiz now, a lot of problems and hard car to fix, since everything is hard to get access to etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Sorry to break the loght here but its hidious! lol :D Dont like Daewoo! Above says all!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Thanks. Still don't understand why there are so few.....

Would you have any other 2002 or better recommendations for 4k??? Need a small car for short journeys. It would be a second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

try something like a Fiesta or maybe a Yaris - for that money they'll be older but much better.

new crap is still crappier than old quality. ( not something most of the Irish motoring public believe I think )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I would buy Yaris, but under 4k it is year 99 and around 60-100k miles,

or maybe Nissan Micra, although I think Yaris is much better choice,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

It happens all the time, just because a car says 2002 on the reg it does not mean it was made in 2002. All it means is that the said vehicle was registered in that year. Check the VLC as to when it would have been imported.

Oh and in my own personal opion, get something else. As everyone has already said, there's better cars for cheaper out there.

Advertisement