Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better, lumineers or veneers?

• 20-08-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi,

I was just wondering if someone could tell me which procedure is less painful, longer lasting and can reversible if need be?

I have discolouration on some of my teeth and I've always wanted the Hollywood bright white, perfectly straight teeth and I was hoping someone could tell me which procedure to go for.

Also, where is the best place to get this procedure done, in your opinion? I don't mind travelling at all.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

There are some good dental clinics in Newry, going there would save you a couple grand on veeners. The only problem with veeners is they have to remove a layer of enamel from your tooth to glue/stick the veener in place. So I'm not sure if you can revert back to your old look.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Lumineers would be the more reversible of the two, as little or no tooth structure is removed. However, in my opinion better results in terms of aesthetics (and possibly longevity - I don't know of any studies that compare the two but I'm sure there are some) are achievable with a small amount of preparation and the use of traditional feldspathic porcelain veneers. I always advise patients to try the simplest and most reversible procedures first (if the resources are there for both). In the case of aesthetics, always try bleach first, especially if the issue is mainly with colour. Also, orthodontics should always be recommended before cutting teeth for reasons of crowding or apparent crookedness.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm getting a veneer in to replace a cap. The colour of it is slightly darker than my tooth colour so it looks like my tooth is stained.

Advertisement