Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new card, advice?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

alright guys i've been looking around & i'm not entirely sure what my next card should be. i'm not gunning for a fancy €600 dx10 job, because of the dx10.1 controversy. i've got a 7600GT at the mo, which renders nearly everything perfectly and has good performance, but when the likes of bioshock come along, i'll be in a spot of bother because i'll need 512mb memory and so on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Try get a X1950XT if they are in stock anywhere.

Komplett were selling them @ €185, but they sold out quick funnily enough.

Other than that get the cheapest 8800 GTS 320mb you can?

You could go to a X1950pro, but I don't think you would get the jump in performance you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

cheers uberpixie, no luck finding an x1950xt but i think i'm going to bite the bullet and get an 8800GTX. i was looking at getting a HD2900XT purely because of price, but the benchmarks just say i should be getting an 8800GTX, especially since i've got the rig to match up to it. all i need is a new PSU too, but that's not a huge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

cheers uberpixie, no luck finding an x1950xt but i think i'm going to bite the bullet and get an 8800GTX. i was looking at getting a HD2900XT purely because of price, but the benchmarks just say i should be getting an 8800GTX, especially since i've got the rig to match up to it. all i need is a new PSU too, but that's not a huge issue.

2900's a nice card i have one myself , for 330 euros plus free games its a bargin , its not ment to compete against the gtx , but thats far more expensive anyways , sp1 and dx10.1 is in a few months , but dx10.1 games wont be out for another 2+ years....

the 2900 dosent ned more than a 2x6pin power on a 500w+ psu

Advertisement