Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat stereo CD Error

Options
  • 20-08-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a 04 Seat Leon but yesterday the cd player stopped working, every time I put a cd in all I get is CD ERROR, its a bit annoying.

Does anybody know if this is fixable? Or how much it might cost to replace the stereo?

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Dont know about repairing but new ones are very cheap so your probably better off getting a new one.

My brother got a new one for his toledo, there are panels to fill in the gap on the left and right (left because the SEAT stereos are longer)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Obvious one's first. Make sure the CD is an original. Some players won't read RW discs - but most should read R discs. Try a couple of discs - just in case the one you're using is damaged in some way.

Get a diagnosis done, the CD player has a fault memory which can be read by any decent diagnosis machine.

That said, 9 times out of 10, faulty CD players result in a new unit being fitted. You might get one at a reasonable price on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

the-ging wrote:
    Hi
    I have a 04 Seat Leon but yesterday the cd player stopped working, every time I put a cd in all I get is CD ERROR, its a bit annoying.

Does anybody know if this is fixable? Or how much it might cost to replace the stereo?

Thanks
    James

Its not economical to repair and an original seat one will cost a fortune.
    Aftermarket with ISO adapters would be your best bet

Advertisement