Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio reception gone to pot - any ideas

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:04am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys
    The radio reception in the last month has gone brutal. I can still get channels but in some parts of the county they are coming and going, crackling etc.

Any idea what might be the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

antenna connection on the back of the radio has worked itself loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sounds like your screen (the outer silvery part of the aerial cable) is touching the core or borken....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

.. or bad seal around antenna base leading to water ingress and corrosion inside the base of the antenna.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

there is no aerial, thats the odd thing! It an Audi A4.

There other thing is that there are no holes so to speak to get the radio to pop out!!

its an odd one really

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think the A4 has an aerial integrated into the rear windscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

You need a special tool to take out the stereo. Well on mine you do.I have the concert one I think it's called.It's the one with the casette & 6 CD changer on it.You can pick up one of these tools on ebay.Wonder if you're tuner is fcuked?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can get the tools to remove the radio from any Audi main dealer parts dept.

I don't know what year your A4 is, but back in 2000 when I was working in an Audi service dept., I replaced a few rear windscreens due to bad radio reception. Check the connections in the boot, behind the fabric at the wheel arch. I can't remember what side the connection is on, but the wire is fairly obvious as it's larger than the rest. It's a coaxial cable - similar to the RF cable on a TV, but slightly smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

i drive a new shape passat same setup and same problem.
    The things i find that make things worse are heated rear window on or (and this is odd) phone charger plugged in to cigarette lighter. do these affect yours in the same way?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

thanks lads,
    2002 Audi. I will have a look for that wire and get the tool for the radio.

No charger plugged in or heated window on.

Very odd!

Advertisement