Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liffey valley? suitable for long term

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

me looking for a mortgage along with my gf.. she says liffey valley and near by is a gud area to live ....been there few occasions earlier but not able to make my mind...
    please tell me considering i am 35 and want 2 settle down with my gf forever (god knows) and raise my kids there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you talking about Liffey Valley Park, or the estates surrounding Liffey Valley S.C.?

The latter is probably not the best place in the world to raise a family.

I've been living in Liffey Valley Park though for the last 6 years. Personally, I just tolerate it. But I'm in my twenties, not living with my girlfriend, and most of my friends are still living at home in Templogue. So from that POV, it doesn't suit me all that much.
    It is a very young area, so it's suited for kids at the moment. There must be hundreds of them in our estate. A lot of the estate however, is rented out to the EHB, so you'll have a lot of migrants. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you. They're no different to Irish neighbours - some of them are pricks, some of them are lovely people.

Infrastructure is woeful but getting better. You have one main bus service that suits. Traffic is horrendous. Monday-Friday, 7am to 7pm, you will hit traffic no matter which way you turn. Fridays can be particularly bad, with the traffic sometimes starting to build at 12pm and staying heavy till 8 at night. On the weekends, you're likely to get stuck in traffic at lunchtime and dinnertime.

Overall, it's a nice place. Another ten years, and I think it'll look very mature and well, like Rathmines or Ranelagh. Although there are lots of teenagers around, there is very little vandalism and seemingly little crime. All the time I've been here, I've never heard of a car getting robbed, or a house being broken into. I would say the main reason for that though is the estates are a maze - there's no easy escape for such people.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

well liffey valley park in particular...my gf has a fred there..
    ye its a complex maze..specially liffey valley park..
    i wonder about bus service from city center...How much time it takes?.
    well immigrants it depends....people from south east asia specialy around india are generally professional..cool headed...but i really dunlike refuse junkies ...they may mess up with u any time...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

confuzed wrote:
    i wonder about bus service from city center...How much time it takes?.
    I got on the 25X on O'Connell St. at 5.45 this evening, and it dropped me off at 6.30 - then it takes about ten minutes to walk to the estate. That's a typical time, there are good bus lanes, so you're largely not affected by heavy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

thanx seamus..

please tell me particular areas near bus route....
    do ye have idea about from where they are planning 4 LUAS in future...
    i would probably buy a house there.

Advertisement