Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Which one of the three mobile broadbands are the quickest? Also what is the true connection speed as they claim up to 3.6 but surely this is not possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Well I have o2 bb, but ive rarely gotten over 1M with any of the speedtests. In fairness though the area where I live isnt even on the coverage map and I only ever get 1 signal bar. Thats as much help as I can give

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

feefan wrote:
    Which one of the three mobile broadbands are the quickest? Also what is the true connection speed as they claim up to 3.6 but surely this is not possible.
    3.6M is possible and I've gotten in on O2. It'll be even faster in the coming months I believe. The speed you get will vary from day to day and our to hour depending on where you are, how many other users are on, how far you are from the mast and weather conditions, so nobody can answer what the true connection speed will be.

As for which is best, well, that remains to be seen. 3 are currently having shít loads of problems, O2 are the most expensive and Vodafone are currently at 1.7M max.

Advertisement