Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tyre

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one. Hit a pothole last night in the car and the sidewall looks to the punctured in two places. So I'm in desperate need of a new tyre today. I've been on the fast fit website and they have none matching my tyre size (which happens to be the strangest one I've come across 195/45/17)

I would order of Eiretyres, but I need the tyre today or tomorrow at the very latest. unless one of the tyre places would patch it up till I got the new tyre which I doubt. Anyone know somewhere that would have one in stock and not charge through the roof for it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sidewall damage cannot be repaired afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I know, but last time it happened a guy in work got his tyre company to plug the hole while I was waiting on the new tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

sidewall definetly can't be patched ..thread is a differnt story.

Just get thyself on the phone and ring around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could try Advance Tyres - ring the Naas Road branch as they are usually well stocked.
    Sidewall damage cannot be repaired afaik.

That's my understanding of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Dave McCann, Golden Pages, Advance, Fast Fit, Buy and Sell. Pain to have to search but you should find one within 4-5 phonecalls.. your off the road otherwise :(

Must've been a bad pothole - any suspension/steering damage? Suprised if not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just got one ordered from Discount Tyres in Blanch, €120 and they'll have it tomorrow. No sign of steering or suspension damage, I'll get the car checked out when the tyres fitted.

Advertisement