Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed camera just past toll bridge heading south

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

is the camera working just past the toll bridge heading southbound
    and whats the speed limit i was flashed at 130 KPH DOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

as far as I know it is working and the speed limit there is 60kph !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Speed limit is 60kph at that spot I'm afraid. Don't know if it's working. How did you manage to be doing 130kph on that strecth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Are you that pleb that flew by me yesterday at around 6:50pm ???

...yes they are working and you will get your point and fine.

PS. and its spelt "Do'h" not "DOUGH" .... you're not baking a cake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

you must have really gunned it out of the toll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

roughan wrote:
    is the camera working just past the toll bridge heading southbound
    and whats the speed limit i was flashed at 130 KPH DOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoops...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

More than double the speed limit, that's going to sting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

it was at 3 AM
    are you sure the camera is working did anyone get a fine from it ?
    whats gonna happen will i get a court summons or points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

noone can tell you for certain whats going to happen

130 in a 60 zone though doesnt bode well for you... almost certain that people on the boards have confirmed that that camera works

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

I've seen people fly by that camera up as far as only Saturday night and it hasn't flashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blondy81

C_Breeze wrote:
    Are you that pleb that flew by me yesterday at around 6:50pm ???

...yes they are working and you will get your point and fine.

PS. and its spelt "Do'h" not "DOUGH" .... you're not baking a cake

Somebody doesn't like to be passed out, eh??? Didn't think Homer's "doh" had an apostrophe either while we're being so grammatically PC

• Advertisement

yeah the wierd thing was it only flashed once not twice!

fletch wrote:
    you must have really gunned it out of the toll :D

ive a Boxster and i was away for a week and i missed it !!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'd imagine of all the camera's on the country's roads, the 2 placed on the M50 roadworks to protect the workers who can be there day and night, are switched on permanently and working with no issues.

So with that, expect a trip to boots for some KY soon enough, should ease the postmans next delivery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blondy81

Just pray to God they got your good side!!!! :)

blondy81 wrote:
    Somebody doesn't like to be passed out, eh??? Didn't think Homer's "doh" had an apostrophe either while we're being so grammatically PC

Not at all. some Idiot in a Citoen Xsara (obviously not the OP) was coming up behind me with the boot down , i could see him in my rearview and flsahed my hazards as i knew he'd get stung. The camera flashed exactly as he was on the stripes beside me :mad: .. then he coped on and slammed on the anchors while i put the boot down for the rest of the way :D

PS im glad my post made you want to sign up and make your fist post! :P

ciarsd wrote:
    I'd imagine of all the camera's on the country's roads, the 2 placed on the M50 roadworks to protect the workers who can be there day and night, are switched on permanently and working with no issues.

So with that, expect a trip to boots for some KY soon enough, should ease the postmans next delivery :)

hahahahahah well put

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

roughan wrote:
    ive a Boxster and i was away for a week and i missed it !!!!!:D

You'll really miss it when your put off the road :D

A no seriously id say even if it did only flash once they still got you, otherwise why would it flash at all.

Dunno how bad it will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

ciarsd wrote:

Where abouts is the northbound one? - Was only on it once but everyone seemed to be going at at least 100km/h, are all these people gonna be getting a nasty suprise in the letterbox? - also are both (temporary)northbound lanes covered?

they flash you twice at a predetermined interval so they can check your speed against the lines on the road thats why they need 2 flashes
    was anyone else on boards done by this camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

I know the workers are there even at 3am in the morning (going home on Saturday at around 3am it was an amazing site with the size of the line of trucks working near the Naas road slip heading south) but wouldn't it be great if digital speed limit signs were allowed suit the M50 when there are and are not road workers there. I know it's down to single lanes etc but it just seems silly that you can't do more than 60 kms an hour when there's nobody working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Cion&#225 wrote: »
    Where abouts is the northbound one? - Was only on it once but everyone seemed to be going at at least 100km/h, are all these people gonna be getting a nasty suprise in the letterbox? - also are both (temporary)northbound lanes covered?
    Just after the Tallaght exit Northbound

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Yeah but it is be possible that you missed one of the flashes, you were doing a hefty speed after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

un-friggin'-lucky!

3am on the M50. Nobody about. Decent car, decent road.
    I hear the roadworks are pretty bad mind you.

- Rumour only - I heard before if you're caught over 100MPH or 2 x speed limit it's a guaranteed summons and a likely ban. Is that true anyone?

fluffer wrote:
    un-friggin'-lucky!

- Rumour only - I heard before if you're caught over 100MPH or 2 x speed limit it's a guaranteed summons and a likely ban. Is that true anyone?

I know of somebody that got done at 123kmh on the m50 , when the limit was 60kmh ... so thats 2x and they didnt get a summons. And it was a guard with a speed gun.

But i would imagine if you were caught at ridiculous speeds you would probably get summonsed (only if they can prove it tho . ie with a speed gun)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fluffer wrote:
    un-friggin'-lucky!

No, if you are caught doing over 100MPH your lisence is suppose to be taken off you for a period decided by the courts!!

To the OP, sometimes the camera there will not flash, that will indicate no film left. If it flashes you have been caught!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Bloody pointless place to ave one imo. Everyone just slams their brakes on when approaching and as soon as they pass slam down on the accellerator.

P.s i've gotten flashed on the motorway before and i'm still waiting on the fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

layke wrote:
    Bloody pointless place to ave one imo. Everyone just slams their brakes on when approaching and as soon as they pass slam down on the accellerator.

P.s i've gotten flashed on the motorway before and i'm still waiting on the fine.

Well I would imagine it would be a long wait for the ones on the m50 because there are so many getting caught all the time that they can't process them quick enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

You might be okay. There is a very small chance that there might be no film in it.
    Legally, they images have to captured on film as digital images are too easily manipulated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

GavMan wrote:
    You might be okay. There is a very small chance that there might be no film in it.
    Legally, they images have to captured on film as digital images are too easily manipulated
    Do you have a link for that? I understand that most new cameras use digital technology. Additionally, given the the state has no obligation to show that the speed detection equipment is callibrated correctly, or indeed that it is in working order, I doubt they care about the risk of digital manipulation.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

sure they use digital cameras to photograph illegally parked cars before they clamp em - I presume thats so you're liable if the clamp was to be somehow destroyed...

Advertisement