Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI v's HD component

• 20-08-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

I couldn't wait any longer so decided to purchase a premium pack in Smyths for 399 at the weekend (good deal - console, play and charge kit,forza 2,gears of war, nba 2k7, 2 x 5 yoyo vouchers).

Anyway, what's all this fuss about HDMI? If I've done my homework correctly there is zero difference between HDMI and HD component at 720p, which is the native 360 resolution.Anyone beg to differ? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

720p is the native resolution, however more and more games are coming out at 1080p. 1080p tvs are now becoming affordable, and have the optimum resolution for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD playback.

The problem, and advantage of HDMI lies in the fact that many sets are unable to do 1080p over component, or VGA and so HDMI is being recognised as THE connector for 1080p (HDMI also carries high quality audio although the 360 doesn't take full advantage of this). Recognising this MS have started adding hdmi to the 360 which is why you hear so many people talking about the new models. It's all horses for courses.

If you're running 720p then it isn't really necessary but if you'd like to run 1080p and your tv can't take that signal over VGA or Component then a HDMI enabled 360 is a godsend.

PS your sig is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You get horrible jaggedy lines around the outline of things on component, or at least you do on my tv. Vga is much better. Couldn't give a crap about hdmi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

You get horrible jaggedy lines around the outline of things on component, or at least you do on my tv.

I don't think that's normal. I'm running mine at 1080i on component. It's spotless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Sorry I'm going to be using VGA.Anyway I think I'll pass on HDMI but thanks for the very informative reply savemejebus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

As the title says we just got a 42" plasma. What do i need for my 360 connections wise? And are they easy to get in shops? I havent a breeze really so any help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

why doesn't board sigs support iframe? Or am I doing summat wrong? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Mr Soft wrote:
    As the title says we just got a 42" plasma. What do i need for my 360 connections wise? And are they easy to get in shops? I havent a breeze really so any help is appreciated.

Nothing. Your TV should have component inputs. The cables in the box when you get the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Nothing. Your TV should have component inputs. The cables in the box when you get the 360.

Cheers Mick

Advertisement