Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curlinary arts huge points increas

Options
  • 20-08-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyody had a look at Culinary arts in DIT. It was 250 last year but is 360 this year!!! I know the points are stil reasonably low but still! One of my friends really wanted it and got 340 thinkin she had it by a long way!!! Do you think such a rise is just a tad dramatic?? Has something like that ever happened before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

I've never heard of that happening before..
    Its pretty ridiculous, there must have been a huge increase in the number of people applying for this course this year, or something like that...
    But you never know - the points might drop slighty in round 2.
    I can't imagine how let down that person must feel, thinking hey had it for definite:(
    damn the points system!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Why doesn't she just ask an elder how to make jam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

The points system works on how many people apply for it. Harsh for your friend ! Also in my opinion people that get less than 250 points in the leaving will struggle with the work load, self direction and the general quality of work expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Why doesn't she just ask an elder how to make jam?

STFU:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Because the points last year were in the lower end of the points scale, I think a lot of people could have put it down as a back-up course for this year! Maybe it will drop with second round.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I seem to remember this happening other years and it falling back down. My best mate is doing it and I was a bit shocked when I seen it go up so high as its been at 240 or so for years.
    Hopefully it'll go back down for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fob

Naikon wrote:
    STFU:mad:
    what's your prob? if you're no good at jam making, try your hand at marmalade, kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LINKY.V.18

this was my first choice and pretty much the only thing i put down on the cao.I did no work for the leaving on the premise that the points were consistently at the 250 mark.luckily i got 385 by some miracle.but i was shocked yesterday to see the points had gone up nearly 100.i feel sorry for anyone who wanted this course and just missed out on the points considering it was so low for the last few years.i feel very lucky.what a crazy system we have here!

Advertisement